Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ww: rip tiff gee

I keep telling myself, "This is morbid, morbid, so bad." And then I remember when I willingly took a class on the psychology of death and bereavement and remind myself that morbidity is a part of life. And this is no less morbid than when I tell Justin that I want a Viking burial at sea. Or when I tell THAT CAT that I am going to sell her to the neighbors to make her into soup. More to come on that one.
WW

Tiff Gee (March 11, 1983 – August 21, 2013)
Tiffany Ann Gee lost her battle to hemorrhoids, allegedly induced by her breakfast smoothie addiction. It was a catch-22 for her. Without the smoothies, she was "not herself." But with the smoothies, the trauma that she would suffer many hours later made her wonder if it was all worth it. A vicious, vicious cycle indeed. However her bridal weight loss goals did in fact push her to make the decision to continue the smoothie torture. And now a bride she never will be.

Tiffany is best remembered for her knack of creating stories about strangers, mostly at the gym. She was the lead crusader of the "LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS" movement at her place of employment. She would be honored if her legacy was the success of this crusade. Please take this hint, everyone. She was quick-witted, foul-mouthed, and could drink a sailor under a table. She accomplished a little bit of everything in life, yet was a master of nothing. And yes, that was just her face.

Mrs. Gee is survived by her fiance, Justin Dee, who shall never ever marry anyone because Tiffany would want it that way; her lovingly insane bombay cat from hell, jmeoww, who will have no one to cuddle with EVER; her family, which speaking of please post this to facebook so they know of her demise; and her blog friends, although they sent her ridiculous blog prompts once a week that made her very uncomfortable about her mortality.

Please join us this weekend for a Viking burial at sea. 

16 comments:

  1. This is perfect. I was in a really bad mood this morning, and this just turned it around. Well...not your death that turned it around, just your quick-witted, foul-mouthed writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get past the first sentence without laughing. Now I'm really wondering if you're hiding your battle with hemorrhoids from us...what if you don't tweet/text/blog one day and we find out that you really did die this way?

    MY MIND IS SPINNING. Make it stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viking burial at sea. Such style and panache.

    Signed,
    Leader of Leggings are Not Pants, Philadelphia Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And yes, that was just her face" is the most perfect line in anything ever. Just saying.

    I will 'share' this obit on Facebook when your family posts it. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not happy about you dying, or whatever, buuut a freaking Viking burial at sea? I am SO there.

    though the line, "a bride she will never be." kind of broke my heart a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious. Your burial plans are so much grander than mine. I just don't want to be shoved in a wall somewhere.

    Also, if anything ever happened to me, I'm not sure I would want my husband to marry anyone else and I certainly don't want my dogs to love anyone else. All those stories you hear about the dying spouse wanting the other to be happy, find someone who loves them, etc. are all bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're going to be remembered for anything, I'm glad it's the leggings are not pants movement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm yeah no. I wouldn't have been able to take a class like that. Talk about anxiety overload! This is great though, especially "And yes, that was just her face." haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hemorrhoids: No laughing matter. is what I imagine will be on your tombstone. Also "why does hemorrhoids have to r's?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. leggings and most definitely not pants

    ReplyDelete
  11. i feel the same way... "Justin Dee never married"....same as Matt hahahha and poor J ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i could have sworn i commented on this yesterday. i think i slipped into a coma of hysterics with the first sentence.

    but tiff, real talk, leggings are pants in my life. as are long john underwears.

    ReplyDelete
  13. keep up the flight from the grave would you... leggings are not pants!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll ensure he never marries anyone else, rip Tiff.

    Wait, for the record, to make this about me, I'm getting fish for my apartment SOON and I want to name one of them bombay. how do you feel about that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm super behind on blog readings...and this is one of the 1st posts I read to catch up...I'm done now. No need to catch up, this trumps all lol

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...