Tuesday, November 5, 2013

coming out of the fort.

It is incredibly rare that I stumble across a pin on the pinterest that fills me with so much emotion. I think I clapped my hands together and nearly started crying. THE NEST.


Most of October, I lived in a nest. Except, I call it a blanket fort. My days were filled with anxiety, with reason and without, and the only thought that gave me comfort was knowing that I would soon be able to flee to my home, my comfy couch, and my blanket. And I knew that I could cover my entire body and free my mind of any burdening thoughts and just be in that blanket fort. Because I could not do much else without crying or finding a reason to yell about something or just completely shutting down.

And that Justin of mine? He let me be in that blanket fort. For a few weeks. And when I finally just became a complete ridiculous and unreasonable mess, he life-coached the shit out of me and gave me incredibly rousing come-to-jesus talks that left me without reason for needing my fort. And while I hated mostly every second of the life-coaching because, hello blanket fort is so much easier than facing any bit of reality, I loved every minute that he took to do so. Because he cared enough to pull me out of the fort and kick my ass into gear.

I don't think I would've made it out of there without him.

17 comments:

  1. You did good in picking Justin. I went through something similar before getting married. Not saying this is related to y'all getting hitched but for me I was so stressed and couldn't break the cycle. But it's so nice to have someone that will let you be, at least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you came out of your fort and that things are starting to look up for you.

    sending virtual hugs xoxoxox

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh justin. that makes me smile. i can so relate to the blanket fort, it's just so cozy and SO much easier than facing anything else in the entire world. i'm happy you have emerged :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I agree that fort'ing is so much easier than dealing with reality'ing 99% of the time-- I'm so glad Justin was there to peel you out after awhile. He's a good egg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's when you know you did good. Justin just won over the whole blogging world. Not that he didn't before, but I was always just a little unsure because of his winking code with Meoww. Like they were up to something.

    But it looks like all they're up to is taking care of you. And I'm so grateful for that. Feel better. You know where to find me if you ever need a single thing. Love you boo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. come to Jesus talks. Love it. I love Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. go Justin and his come to Jesus talks, glad he was able to be a part of the fort living with you and then help you out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this pin today!!!! I think I've been in the same place, and my mom also life coached the shit out of me. Yay for having peeps in our corner, and I'm hoping you're feeling better. Anxiety is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Tiff. You have a good man and it makes me so happy. I'm having a really bad blanket fort week. Perhaps he could loan me a speech?

    Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry that you felt the need to go a'forting in the first place - but three cheers to Justin (and don't underestimate your powers of getting yourself out of there either, young lady).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, so sweet. I'm sad that you had a rough month, but so happy and thankful you have Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww. Justin is amazing. I am so glad you have someone like him to share the rest of your life with :) Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. do you still have the fort?
    can we hang out in it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww brownie points for Justin and glad you're out of the blanket forte :) if you need me text!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should have known something was off, you did sort of vanish. I'm glad you have Justin, I'm glad you have freedom from that bitch anxiety. I hate her. But she'll teach you something, I know this much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet girl....you will have times like this...and it's okay...a blanket fort is a safe place during certain times...you just can't stay there forever...we would miss you! Hope your month has been better!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...