Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ww: thanks for stopping by but mostly stay classy.

It's Wednesday which means it's whatever! Everyone's favorite linkup that you too can be a part of! Just email the fine ladies in charge to get on the weekly mailing list. Now you know the secret.

This week's topic: someone or something you take for granted. And as I plan this out in my head, I know I am taking the easy way out. I am. For no good reason. Other than my desire to keep things in my life light right now. Also for no good reason. Because I feel like it, damn it.
WW
So the thing that I take for granted? San Diego. The city that I have lived in since 2001 - twelve years you guys. Nearly half of my life for those of us that are bad with math. I have lived in a college town, the beach, in the super-hip part of town, and now in the suburbs. 

And there are so many things I haven't seen or done it is actually embarrassing to admit! I've definitely hit up da clubs and bars if you know what I mean. We are becoming much more familiar with the local breweries. But my list of things I still NEED to do or do as a responsible adult is neverending.
Here are a few things on my (or by default mine and Justin's) San Diego Bucket List:
  • Visit Julian - a little mountain town about an hour east famous for apple pie.
  • Go kayaking or snorkeling in La Jolla Cove. Or take a La Jolla Cave Tour. CAVES!
  • Visit the Carlsbad Flower Fields.
  • Take a haunted tour downtown.
  • Go to another Padre Game at Petco Park.
  • Visit the Little Italy Farmer's Market.
  • Hike Cowles Mountain & Mt. Woodson.
My mija, Jenna, at the top of Mt. Woodson's "potato chip cliff."
Besides the bucket list, just getting outdoors and enjoying the amazing weather is something that we have been making a bigger effort to do. I mean, it really is amazing. Not that I'm going to get all crazy and visit the beach (SAND. SO MUCH SAND). But we are valiantly trying to get some fresh air and vitamin D. Because we are truly lucky to live in such a beautiful climate and although our couch is insanely comfortable and our netflix queue is neverending, nothing is as rewarding as spending a day outside in America's Finest City. 

19 comments:

  1. Dear god, that picture is making me nervous!

    I'm with you on the sand. The beach is a great idea in theory, but the sand and saltwater and heat. Ugh. The pool is the place for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Carly, I'm nervous as F with that photo.

    I don't mind sand, I love the beach.

    One of my brother's BFFs is moving to San Diego September 1 to be with his love. I told him to expect me for a visit because the climate is the stuff of dreams. Also, San Diego might be the only place in the world where I would voluntarily visit a zoo. Zoos make me sad because of the captivity and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Tiff. Can we talk about how I used to want to live in San Diego? Envious of your life doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

    How about we mark off some of those bucket list items when I come visit? ESPECIALLY THE HAUNTED TOUR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Little Italy Farmer's Market is my favorite thing, strawberries as big as you head! I also ate a Kumquat for the first time there. What a dirty-named fruit, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to spend some days exploring San Diego (which, translated mean, whale's vagina) lived in California my whole life..I think it's time I do some good exploring of my home state :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at your post title. I need to visit - shameful I've never been there. And now I have a to-do list. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I take NYC for granted too. I still haven't been to the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty or the top of Rockefeller Center! Once I moved to Brooklyn I guess I became an instant hipster and too cool for that tourist stuff...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. let's do the haunted tours!! please!! leeann and i have always wanted to do the whaley house overnight thing!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell you what, I'll drive out to San Diego this weekend and we can knock all those off your list. And then we can saddle a whale shark and knock that off my list. It's probably going to take at least two people to do that anyway.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember how I made you rattle off a list of things to do?

    I've been to the flower fields a couple of times, and each time I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been but I've heard such wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I WANT TO DO ALL THE THINGS

    Save some of these activities for my visit. It's going to happen. I am going to be the child you and Justin never asked for and the sister JMeoww will want to attack immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lived in Orange County/LA County for 6 years and I don't think I went to San Diego ONCE. Everyone said I'd probably love SD buuuuuuut I never tried it. It looks like there's a lot to keep you busy though, and um that potato chip cliff thing makes me hyperventilate just looking at it. NO THANKS. But the cave tours? That sounds amazing!!! Do it. Sign yourself up for September 14, no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, you better get to gettin' in that GORGEOUS place. I am seriously IN LOVE with that whole area and still hating myself for not making it to San Diego. You seriously live in one of the most amazing places...if I didn't love Texas so much, I would be there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am dying to visit San Diego. I have heard such winderful things about it. I've only been to LA. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. look - i need you to stop posting things that are making me super upset that i don't like in like a thirty mile radius of you. KNOCK IT OFF.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have never been to san diego (yet) but it's definitely one of the places we're going to visit next year... we plan on going back to vancouver, then flying to SD and then flying home and i can't wait! i heard SD is such a gorgeous place :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will be vacationing in San Diego and we will do all these things together. DEAL?

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahh i miss san diego SO much! julian is great - lots of great wine tasting downtown and you cannot miss the apple donuts :)

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...