I hate Christmas cards.
I KNOW, right? What am I, the Grinch? Kind of, and totally maybe a little.
I love receiving Christmas cards, I really do. I DO. It is honest Friday the 13th, remember? I cannot tell a lie. And the fact that people think to mail me something and even some of you blog ladies take that extra step to send snail mail? Well that just warms my cold little heart.
I waffled on this, especially this year because of our engagement and upcoming wedding. My thought was we should be a real adult couple that does real adult things! We should really EARN those wedding gifts we will be receiving! So I forced Justin to take photos with me for these incredibly festive Christmas cards I was going to create. This is how they turned out:
Do you have any idea how nervous this makes me for wedding photos? Its like we can't NOT be assholes. I took that one nice photo and inserted it into some of the templates from popular online retailers. And then I threw up a little. Christmas card template people we are not. And if I had the patience and money I would've searched longer and harder (ahahaha) for the PERFECT template but as you know, (everyone at once) ain't nobody got time for that!
Also, because I feel like continuing my tirade, you can't put the pictures that you are going to put on your Christmas card on the social medias! THAT IS CHEATING! So basically, my Facebook family and friends have already seen these luscious photos of us. Why would I pay money to print them on a false-ass card and then go to the actual post office to do mailing things? Y'all have seen it!
So this is my confession, dear friends. Please don't take my lack of effort and enjoyment of all things Christmas cards to mean that I like you any less. It's not you, it's the actual fucking Christmas cards. HONEST.
![]() |
| This is the best I will do. Feel free to print it and hang it (Kelsey). |




THIS IS PERFECT. I also am not sending out cards this year. TOO MUCH PRESSURE. I like them and I like sending them out, but James and I have about zero pictures together this year, and he refuses to have his picture taken. Plus, more important things to deal with.
ReplyDeleteI'm printing off that photo and putting it on my nightstand.
funny pictures are better than the posed ones, in my opinion. and who says wedding pictures have to be traditional? take a few traditional ones for the old school folks and then kick it your style for the rest!
ReplyDeletelove the card.
-kathy
Vodka and Soda
OH MY GAWDDD
ReplyDeleteBRB, adding this picture to my existing shrine of Gee-meoww-zet family photos. Seriously, though. I am going to print this out wallet-sized for myself. ADOPT ME INTO YOUR LITTLE FAMILY
I have a feeling Kelsey is going to have that picture in a locket the next time I see her.
ReplyDeleteHey, listen! I bought cards, I wrote nice(ish) stuff on them, I addressed them, and then I spilled water ALL OVER THEM. So I had to let them dry...and now I haven't bother to get stamps, so...
BASICALLY WHAT I'M SAYING IS, I HEAR YOU ON THIS ONE.
That is perfectly you. Please give yourself a beard in wedding photos too. HO HO HO MOFOS!
ReplyDeleteI still think you should have mailed out that J-Meoww card. Sads.
ReplyDeleteI love this, though. We did do cards this year, partly because I enjoy it and partly because I'd be crucified by multiple family members if they didn't get a Christmas card from us. No way to live, I know, but now that they've gotten them for a few years in a row, they'd be convinced we hated them if they didnt' get a card. Being an adult sucks.
I totally get it. I didn't send them out until I had kids and I could put their faces on the card instead of mine.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I sent you one yesterday. But now I don't know if I used the right address. So maybe you won't be getting one either!
i refuse to take photos for cards until there's a ring on this betch. until then we can each send cards to people we like.
ReplyDeleteHahaha I always look terrible in card appropriate photos, so I just go with her royal majesty Hawkeye instead. Everyone loves a Hawkeye card!
ReplyDeletegee thanks for telling me!! i just sent mine out..... smh....anyhoo...i think a simple card with beautiful picture of miss meow should do....you know it could be justin and jay and we would be happy ;) jk!! and i can't wait for wedding pictures!!
ReplyDeleteLOL you make me laugh Tiff! Love you ♥
ReplyDeleteYou sent me a christmas card last year. Remember? I do. It involved antlers.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I thought as a joke I would sent out a photo of myself this year, but then I realized it would be sad. and I would have to go to the post office. PASS.
I totally spaced and forgot to do one this year. Must. Plan. Better....also must just work on being a functional adult.
ReplyDeleteAnd this is why I absolutely adore you...I came this close to throwing in the Christmas card towel this year, BUT Ross was the one who said we HAD to send them!! You and Justin were made for one another!! I better get a wedding invitation!!
ReplyDeleteok LOVE it.
ReplyDeletemine must be lost in the mail.
quick story - the receptionist asked what i did with the business xmas cards when i used to be the receptionist and i told her i threw them out. because i did. that shit is lame.