Thursday, January 10, 2013

So I got me a Trainer.

For the past week now I have been giggling about "my trainer." Guys, I don't actually have A TRAINER. I got two free personal training sessions when I signed up for the gym, a very small gym in my neighborhood. But I like the way it sounds, like I meet with him several times a week or some big deal like that. No, no. He was free. And after today I will no longer "have" him. Unless I make a financial commitment which I am not sure I am ready for. Can't we just gym date a little longer? So much rushing things these days.

When I first booked my appointment, I read his name as José. And I made up this huge story about how I was going to tell him that I am muy gorda because of the muchos, muchos cervezas. Ayuda me mi amigo, por favor.

When I was driving to the appointment, I looked at the card to double check the time and saw the name Josh. I cannot even tell you how disappointed I was. But what cured this disappointment? Not-José looks 98% like our dear Ronnie from Jersey Shore. You know, this guy:


As if working with a trainer isn't intimidating enough, I am working with a celebrity here. Kind of. In my head, that is how it works. And it means inappropriate giggles at inappropriate times. My maturity level has reached an all time low.

During this first appointment, I was assessed (see: love handles, measured...) and learned a few things:
  1. I am nearly technically overweight for my height and age. Surprise, surprise.
  2. I have a non-functional ass. He knows all of my secrets already. Which means, because I sit on my ass all day at work, it is slowly dying. And also, getting larger. By the second, I think.
  3. Squeezing your buttcheeks together is not only an awkward thing to be told to do, but is also the final step in a correct plank. You're welcome.
  4. And as we learned yesterday, coffee makes you take a dump IN ENERGY.
  5. And also, beer is not good for you. This guy is full of knowledge, I swear.
My first goal date is my 30th birthday. In 2 months. My fitness plan includes: eating better, less alcohol, more functional strength training. So far, so good. So far.

Tonight I meet with Not-Ronnie so he can learn me the ways of functional strength training in a gym. Because, why sit on weight machines when you sit on your ass all day? <-- His words. So if you don't hear from me for a while, you know why.... 

...Because I asked im to do this and he beat me up.
Wish me luck!

19 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL

    Once, my parents bought me a personal training session for my birthday, and when I cashed it in I had to stop halfway through and go throw up in the bathroom. It was the worst/best.

    Suggestion: spy on other's personal training sessions from now on, do the same thing they're doing-- get the workout without paying for it. Or until you get caught!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Kelsey's idea. Watching what other people are doing during their sessions and then doing it yourself is the best.

      Delete
    2. duh. I can't believe I never thought of that.

      Delete
    3. I can't believe I never thought about that either. Probably because I've never been to a gym in my entire life.

      I would get an std or something.

      Don't speak spanish. ever again.

      Delete
  2. I got two free personal training sessions when I joined my gym but I didn't use them. Because I am stupid. And I was embarrassed at how out of shape I was.

    We will totally be in skinny jeans soon. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did he at least do it for you before he beat you up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait beer isn't good for you? You totally lost me there. Confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joined a gym once where I got 2 free sessions with a trainer. I didn't use them. One, because I hate being watched when I'm working out. Ask my husband, I won't even let him in the room when I'm running on the treadmill. Two, I knew they were just going to try to pressure me into paying $33129387145 a month for a personal trainer after that and I am horrible at being forceful and saying no way in heck am I paying someone to tell me to do what I already know how to do. Three...because all the trainers were men, and see #1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very proud of you for cutting out the beer - surprised, but proud ;)

    And at least you're not overweight! So you're starting at the right time.

    Kathrin gave me "Gorilla Beach" for Christmas. It's Snooki's book on how to get yourself a guido, juice head. Let me know if you need to borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah im in the same boat. christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck - I think eating right is more than half the battle! But of course exercise...Oh I don't know I'm NOT a personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh… ABSOgood luck!!!And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!HAPPY 2013 dear!!!

    Check out my blog to discover the Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX --- I’ll be waiting for you!!! (We could followed each other by GFC, Bloglovin’ or Facebook

    ABSOkisses!!!
    Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn | The Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever, not Ronnie, Guinness is like drinking vegetables...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha!! Not Ronnie as your trainer is totally awesome!! Ask him (and argue) if pizza is healthy and if he says no "point out that pizza contains all the essential food groups!! No beer sucks :( But if you work out more, then can you have beer? I'm probably not being very supportive and motivational hahaha!! Proud of you thou!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THAT GIF HAS ME MESMERIZED.

    Ok, so. You are awesome for doing this. The full time job has made me BLOW. UP. so I have been working on this too. But I have to echo Angi and say that I can't handle people watching me work out. I feel like they're watching me in the shower or something. I might have issues.

    A non-functional ass. This is what I will remind myself of when I'm crying on the treadmill tonight.

    I feel all awkward and inappropriately giggly just thinking of Ronnie helping me work out.

    Hehehehe.

    I didn't understand a word of your Spanglish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha - I wish Ronnie was my personal trainer. I would laugh off all the calories I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favorite posts of yours. I laughed the whole time...seriously visualizing you. And thanks for the plank tip...off to squeeze my butt cheeks because according to Josh, I have a non functioning butt too. Rats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am dying. I could never work out with a Ronnie look alike. I did one free session right after I had Nathan. Never again. I couldn't even walk the next day. I was pissed. I mean I had just had a baby and that bitch overworked me. Thanks for the plank tip! I totally didn't know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am blog catching up and I couldnt contain the laughter. This maybe one of my favorite posts. It's sad that while your ass needs help the popularity of it becomes genious., I swear my Fluffy needs a Twitter account I have talked about it do my h but the fact that it's dying means thrill a minute. I want the damn thing to die and shrivel up like a raisin.,

    So what I am trying to say is you are going to be. Brazilian model in a few months.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...