Anyways, if you saw some of my tweets this weekend you probably thought to yourself, Tiffany has officially gone mad. Bitch is in Los Angeles. At a WWE event. On a Friday night. AT A WWE EVENT.
Well, friends. Now you know. Now you know that back in the day I was the world's biggest WWF fan. As a product of the late 80s and 90s, I had to be. When I didn't have to be was the late 90s to the early 2000s. But I was.
You see, my cousin and I managed to befriend a local wrestling group (few of which moved on to big quite big stars, cough, John Cena, cough). The somehow being our good looks and charm. This led to years of shenanigans and stories I could tell for DAYS. Most importantly, this was how I met my BFF and how she met her husband. Over the years our interest faded and we grew out of it. Kind of.
Fast forward about 10 years to my 5-year old nephew discovering wrestling. And becoming OB. SESSED. The kid wrestles pillows, for shit's sake. When I heard of his blossoming love my first thought was, oh shit...oh shit now I'm going to have to tell Justin about my past love. FOR SHAME. But nothing is more entertaining than my nephew and his little friends reenacting all of the wrestlers entrances and gimmicks (see, I know the lingo still). It is hysterical. Shit gets serious.
So this is how I ended up in LA on a Friday night at a WWE event. And would you even believe me when I told you that I nearly cried watching him watch wrestling? Walking down the scary ass streets of LA, dressed in all of his John Cena gear with a championship belt slung over his shoulder. Telling people that he was the champion. I. DIED. Watching him watch his heroes, half filled with wonder and the other half with maybe a little bit of fear. You never forget seeing your heroes for the first time. And I was thrilled to be able to watch him see his. Even though they do represent a part of my life that shames me in such a way. Totally worth it.
| Back in the day with The Miz & John Cena. I know...I know. And then Friday night. The real champion! |

THIS IS SO AWESOME
ReplyDeleteJohn Cena went to college with my high school gym coach, and that's the extent of my knowledge about him aside from the 'YOU CAN'T SEE ME' hand gesture that I still do to this day. And is that 'Miz' the same as the guy who was on Real World?? Which came first?? YOU'RE THE COOLEST AUNT EVER
Oh this is funny. I remember by best friend being obsessed with WWE in the 90s. I never did get it. But I love that it came full circle for you with your nephew!!
ReplyDeletehahah that is awesome! I was always sort of afraid of WWE when I was little. But don't get me started on the rodeo.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you will ever be able to put into words our love for all that was wrestling. It was ridiculous. There were many moments of shame, but without it, I would not have my BFF, my husband and my babies. I will always be grateful to wrestling for that. Also, I will also be embarrassed by 97% of my shenanigans back then. I love you BFF.
ReplyDeleteaww how cute!! I remember when everyone was into that stuff...I never could!! You met The Miz!!! I watched him on the Real World!!! how cool!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha The Miz! I completely forgot about that. I was more of a wrestling purist...I stuck with the original WCW for my embarrassing wrestling memories. Nothing like your dog finding a picture of you fully decked out in wrestling attire that was buried deep under your childhood bed. And bringing it over to your fiance. Who refuses to give it back.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Sami's linkup & can't wait to read more. You are hilarious.
I love when people say they're getting real, or serious. Hello! It's your blog. It should always be real. And again, it's your blog, so if you want to be serious, be serious.
ReplyDeleteBUT
I digress.
I used to freaking LOVE the WWF. I watched it all the time as a kid on Saturday mornings and at night. Mondays, maybe? I also watched the Glorious Ladies Of Wrestling. hahaha
I AM SO JEALOUS you met The Miz. Awesome.
Stopping by from the weekend linkup.
Oh lordy lordy, I suppose I can look past the whole wrestling thing and still love you. My brothers use to watch it so I know a lot of the people from the WWF days. My friends calls my dad the hulk because of his blonde bald hair and mustache. I have to find a pic.
ReplyDeleteBlonde Tiffany!
ReplyDeleteI don't get WWE...still lol. But I'm glad you guys had fun! I can only imagine you and your family at the event. It must have been epic!
Thanks for linking up ;)
That is so cute! I love that you took him and you got to share that with him. So awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe things I just can't relate to at all...
ReplyDeleteI am watching this crazy shit right now. Thank you 7 year old kid. But seeing the Rock is quite nice if you really want the truth!
ReplyDeleteHow seriously awesome is this! I never got into WWF but everyone I knew was and I remember getting the game for Nintendo and just thought I was the shizniz cause I watched a fight or two. Nothing wrong with being a fan. Go on with your bad self :)
ReplyDeletehappy Monday :)
Redheaded Daybook
Best.post.ever.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!! I mean, I'm totally embarrassed for you, but still. It makes me like you more. The Miz? Awesome. But seriously, I love that last paragraph. I get a serious lump in my throat anytime Nolan gets excited about something (like, seeing Thomas the train in real life. I almost bawled then). I'm gonna cry when Milo sees Sesame Street Live in a few months. I'm a mess.
ReplyDelete