Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The jmeoww Diaries V.6

Well hello there, fans of the one and only Miss Meoww! It has been far too long since our last JMD, and for that your highness apologizes (although unsincerely). You see, she has been extremely busy settling in to her new home with her boyfriend and developing a daily routine much like any other obsessive compulsive cat.

Her day begins when I wake up, or sometimes when she chooses to wake me up two hours early. Not for food though, just to say hello and get some early morning cuddles that end with her biting my hand off. When I head to the kitchen to start coffee, she is usually still in her bed and she meows at me to pet her. So I do and then she gets up and chases me into the kitchen while biting my ankles.
There was a time when you couldn't even touch her while
she was in bed. PERSONAL SPACE, BITCHES.
Her next job is to wait for me outside the bathroom door while I shower. Once I am done showering, she can go back to sleeping under the couch until it is time for Justin to be woken up.

<insert 8-10 hours of sleeping>

I usually get home from work first and wake her up. She slowly trots out to greet me and falls at my feet for me to pet her. You do not walk any farther into the apartment until this has happened or it ruins her night. When our boyfriend gets home she runs to the door and falls at his feet for pets. Yes, he greets her first. Which I am okay with because I'm not really looking to lay on the floor at his feet by the door. Yet.

And then playtime begins. In her tiny kitty brain. While we are trying to do stupid human things like go to the gym or cook dinner or clean IT IS PLAYTIME CAN'T YOU HEAR ME MAKING ALL OF THESE NOISES?

Once she realizes that human things must be done, she settles in to hovercat position on the couch unless she hears a cheese bag open. Holy shit, do not loudly open any type of plastic bag because IS THAT CHEESE AND CAN I HAVE SOME? You will never hear a louder meow than when shreddy cheese is being opened. Or bags that sound like shreddy cheese. Or even say that word cheese and her fatass comes running. It's my new favorite thing.

When we sit down to eat (yes, on the couch) it is playtime YAY! While we eat, she sits in the corner by the front door and whines and smacks her tail against the wall to signal that it is playtime because you guys come one you've been home for 45 minutes and we haven't played not even once! Until we are done eating, she will either pout in the corner or jump on the coffee table and knock down/touch all the things. That remote? ON THE FLOOR HOW FUNNY!

When we, the humans, decide that it is playtime (or she has provoked Justin enough by running at him at full speed or attacking his feet) total chaos ensues. At the sound of one of us thinking about picking up the laser pointer, this happens:


This laser pointer situation is out of control, you guys, and I'm not sure it is healthy at all. She is a textbook addict. When we finish playing laser and set it on the coffee table, she lays with her paws on it. In real life.

And speaking of addictions, thanks to some fine smuggling by Michelle we have the nips back in our house. When we aren't feeling up to entertaining a cat for 3 hours straight, we bust out the nips and it takes care of life for us. Most of the time she will chill out after running around at full speed. Other times she doesn't stop running around, ever and we have to pull an intervention and remove the nips from her environment.

Between her meticulous daily schedule, OCD, and addictive personality the JMEOWW has been quit busy lately. In general, I feel like since moving in with her boyfriend she has been less stabby. But she is so much more of a needy girlfriend than I am and for that I am grateful. Thanks for making me look good, clingermeoww.

Oh, and she played some Trivial Pursuit.

21 comments:

  1. All in favor for Jmeoww to start her own blog??

    I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take her on my Trivial Pursuit team. I bet she knows all of the answers.

    Uh oh, are her and Tino going to be nip druggies? I can't afford rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella greets us at the door, then rushes to her spot on the couch and yells until you pet her. Abby hides behind the TV and waits for you to ask her how her day was. Then there is yelling from both cats for food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've shared with you my utter hatred of cats, but this is adorable. Jmeoww is also an amazing name and makes me love you even more (which, I was pretty sure was impossible).

    xoxo,
    samm @ dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's offical. I'm Meoww's biggest fan.
    she is serious about that laser pointer. I'm gonna have to break out mine the next time Tom comes over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat is amazing. That part about the cheese...that's what my cat does any time he hears a can open. We hardly EVER feed him wet food, but he remembers what it sounds like. And I think he secretly hopes it's a can of just plain tuna fish.

    Nip is a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meow when cheese is opened too. How strange.

    Meoww and Justin may need to get a room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking she may need some type of maid service. Princesses are mostly made to be catered too. Oh I don't volunteer. This bitch scares the shit out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol it sounds like she just watches and waits...for the perfect time to kill you! She studies your daily routines so she'll know exactly when the time is right. Then she can live happily ever after with Justin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sounds like such a character! Haha, I love it. I just got a cat three weeks ago, and I'm dealing with the INSANE kitten phase right now. I have three scratches on my face! Hoping this tames soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a life of leisure she leads. Leeann's comment is cracking me up!!! And I always get my ass up for cheese...always!!! You & Justin are gonna be great parents one day!! Wink wink!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww your cat is so cute :)
    i love my cheese too haha

    -Marsa
    The DayLee Journal
    Mint Blouse GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  13. She'd get along famously with Zero, they are both chatter boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That video is the real Jmeoww, filmed by yours truly while taunting her with laser.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's ABOUT TIME.

    I literally cannot get over the laser pointer video. That is hysterical. She really is an addict, and it's clearly a more serious issue than the nip could ever be.

    James has hung random strings and ribbons from various doorknobs in out apartment, and Noel goes CRAZY for them. She also used to run downstairs when I came home, but now she cannot be bothered to remove herself from underneath the covers on our bed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE trivial pursuit! Haven't played that in forever. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is going on in that video? Hahah! I need a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just the funniest thing!!!
    p.s Our cats would make some CRAZY WEIRD but super gorgeous looking kittens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the funniest JMeow story thus far.... ok top 5 then. Spade is the opposite when we come home...she runs for the comfort of under the bed and dosen't come out til we bribe her with food. And she, like J, has become Matts' "wife"...she tolerates me but loooves Matt

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...