![]() |
| via buzzfeed. |
There is a point to this post, I promise. My point is taken from a Facebook status from a cousin of mine that is suffering through this insanity in the Midwest. She said something closely related to: We don't mock your earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires, and heatwaves!
And then my sweaty heart broke a little bit and I wanted to send every single one of my Midwestern and otherwise abnormally chilly friends a nice toasty and moist sweaty hug to get them through this. Except for the Shitlers because they are having far too much fun in their -16 degree wonderland. Or so snapchat tells me.
But if one more person, JUST ONE spouts the phrase "SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING" I will literally spew carbon dioxide from my own pores and cause my very own localized climate catastrophe.
Midwestern and otherwise abnormally chilly friends — HANG IN THERE! And don't ever forget how you've been treated when those heat waves come along and we all start bitching about it — we deserve your wrath!

This is great because my whole post today is me whining about the cold weather. I FEEL JUSTIFIED!
ReplyDeleteI'm come over to borrow your beach!
yesterday was cold as fuck. as in so cold that all the street cars downtown basically stopped working because the doors would freeze, the signals weren't working, the cars would stop on their tracks etc. mind you, these street cars are a billion years old so apparently, i live in the 1940s. this is in -40C with windchill, by the way. and today we're "warming up"; it's -18 for the high instead of -35. you know you live in canada when you are happy that the temps warm up to -1 instead of -eleventybillion.
ReplyDeletekathy
Vodka and Soda
The image I got in my head of you spewing carbon dioxide from your pores was far more terrifying than I was expecting.
ReplyDeleteIf I have to waste my gas by warming my car up for 30 minutes before work to get the ice off of it ONE MORE TIME, I'm just going to keep driving to San Diego. SEE YA IN A FEW DAYS.
ReplyDeleteI don't understand why people cannot grasp global warming and what it does and does not mean. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot FOR REAL.
ReplyDeleteToday is our last day in this hellish freeze I think. I may dance naked in the streets if we get to 40 tomorrow like we're supposed to.
I wish all the weather comments would stop already. Midwesterners should be used to this by now. I just moved from Florida and had below 0 windchills yesterday. I did not complain once. I also got my ass out if bed and to the gym. We didn't have snow but still. Just watch. They will all be bitching again come July. Be happy you are alive people!! Ok end rant :)
ReplyDeleteOk...I'm mildly offended by people who say we should be used to it by now. THESE ARE THE COLDEST TEMPS IN 20 YEARS PEOPLE. I"m only 28...so when exactly was I supposed to get used to it? It's painfully cold. Cold to the point where if not dressed properly you will get frostbite in MINUTES. While I am sick to death of people instagraming screen caps of their weather app, don't tell me I should be used to it. That means everyone in the plains states should be used to devastating tornadoes by now, and everyone in California should be used to horrible volcanoes, the people in places where tsunamis hit shouldn't bitch either because you chose to live on an island duh. Ok...sorry I'm ranting. Thank you for your weather supportive post girl. I needed it...just got a little twitchy over a comment lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm only wishing people would shut up about the stupid cold weather because I'm jealous. I live in freaking ALASKA, and we haven't had anything even resembling winter weather since November.
ReplyDeleteWE'RE NEVER USED TO IT. it's true.
ReplyDeletebut we did have a good time. or at least i think so.
Al Gore would be so ashamed of this post.
ReplyDeleteOk, before I say this, tell Justin to get the camera, film the result, and send it to me. Ready? Ok - SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING.
ReplyDeleteI should check the weather report now for localized climate change in Cali!
As for me, I'm loving this weather. I got a -45 degree windchill day! Which is like a snow day, where I didn't have to go in to work. But not because of the snow. And it was awesome. Bring on the winter! I love it, I love it so much. I want to move to a year round frozen tundra. With santa and the reindeer.
I need to apologize. For some stupid reason I thought I had "followed" your blog months ago. But sadly. I messed up. Forgive my silly brain for not putting two and two together that I NEVER saw a post. I'm lame. But!! This post? Awesome. And your archive title had me saying out loud: at band camp. The end.
ReplyDeleteI've been holding back any posts hoping for colder weather. And, once again you've written it exactly the way it is but funnier.
ReplyDeleteI'm sweating in January and I hate it! And then when it gets cold, I can't handle it. I can't even find my cold weather ware.
I love it all! I don't want it and I'm not jealous, but I like hearing what people are going through. I think Jacob's nerdy weather crap is rubbing off on me. Also, I commented on our rain today, so I'm just as bad. Ha! I'm having fun watching all the people burn themselves with boiling water trying to make snow. Hilarious idiots! someone mentioned global warming yesterday because the west coast has been so dry and warm this winter and I promptly hid her. I have NO TIME for ignorance.
ReplyDeleteLOL love this!!
ReplyDeletexx
Kelly
It took me a minute to figure out why you posted a gif of someone throwing snow... then I realized she was throwing her latte that instantly froze in the air.
ReplyDelete