You guys, I stressed myself out so bad earlier this week that I have been exhausted ever since.
OH POOR TIFFANY.
I know, I know.
Last week I spent my time OB. SESS. ING. over finding the perfect planner. Like, the perfect planner. With enough pages for my random notes and a folder to keep all of my miscellaneous wedding papers in order. Little did I know that there are 900 million options out there and not one of them worked for me so I took my ass to staples and built my own. A DIY planner, if you will. It's not pretty, so you don't get a picture. It is literally a binder to which I added dividers (with folders to shove all the miscellany in) and then printed my google calendar and a variety of organizing resources that I found online fo' free.
And then I haven't used it since. But I instantly felt better.
THE POINT? you ask. The point is that I am walking a very, very fine line right now between having my shit together and reverting to 2009 Tiffany that suffered from stress-related stomach pains convincing her that she had an ulcer and that she was going to die (not to be confused with 2010 Tiffany that had phantom loin pain and convinced herself that she had kidney cancer and that she was going to die). Obsessing over minor things like THE PERFECT PLANNER is totally a sign that I am nearly crossing that line between normal and insane Tiffany that needs to DO ALL THE THINGS even if it kills her and yes I need to look at the Cartwheel App RIGHT NOW because how else will I know if I can get a deal on cat litter at Target?
And then the crying into the Coors Light bottle on a Tuesday night signals to everyone that, WHOA. Tiffany needs a time out so please put your electronics down right now and don't even worry your tiny little head about anything other than wedding planning and The Walking Dead and whether or not Carl really is the psychopathic child delinquent that you are predicting he will become.
Basically, this is my excuse for being absent once again from this blog. And basically this is my announcement that I cannot be depended on for anything other than my great theories about The Walking Dead and also wedding planning. Even though I printed blog planning sheets for my perfect planner. Maybe once I relax and drink more Coors Light I will actually use them and plan some actual blog action.
But until then, stay classy and sane my friends.
(although, ps - we have a vet trip coming up next weekend so you know, blog content for years...)
Did you guys set a date? Hey at least it's Friday right?!
ReplyDeletegirlfriend, you need take one of my pills and chill! as for the wedding planning, while i know it can be stressful and shit, my biggest advice not that you asked for it but here it is: don't sweat the small stuff. like those chair covers or the perfect center piece or every little detail of the bridesmaid accessories? NO ONE WILL REMEMBER. for real. i can't think of one wedding where i remember these small details. so just focus on the stuff that matters: the food, the booze, the party. oh and your dress yadayada but that's a given. everything else? it'll all work out!!
ReplyDeletekathy
Vodka and Soda
TIFFANY.
ReplyDeleteEvery girl has to cry into her Coors Light once in a while - it makes the beers without tears taste even better. Listen, I don't like to be depended on for anything either, which is why I blog once every never. You do what you gotta do. And let's discuss Carl, because I have a similar opinion.
Cheers to Friday, my friend.
Oh, a vet trip.
ReplyDeleteWhat Kathy said about wedding things, but it is very hard to understand and know those things are true when you are in the midst of pitching a fit over the color of linen napkins. The easiest time to be zen about a wedding is three years after it's over. hahahahahaha
I demand a photo of this build your own planner.
Well, I will be here whenever you feel like showing up, Tiffmeoww. No pressure.
ReplyDeleteI NEED TO SEE THIS PLANNER.
I know you've probably heard it a thousand million times, but seriously - don't stress about the wedding, just HAVE FUN. I promise nobody will even remember the little details, and you probably won't either. There are times I think back to my wedding and I'm like, "Oh yeah, I totally forgot about those green table runners I used." It's really not worth getting ulcers. The point is you're getting married and it'll be awesome and there will be food and that's all anybody really cares about. Truly. Do you ever go to a wedding and nitpick the centerpieces and the shade of purple that bride used and what was she thinking and who picked THIS song!? Probably not. Or maybe, but then in the end it doesn't really matter, haha.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even use a planner for my wedding. But then again we were on a super budget in Alaska and I didn't have access to 90% of the things I wanted anyway, haha.
is kidney cancer a real thing? in other news just having the organized planner is the only step needed. you don't even have to look at it again, it has done it's job
ReplyDeletecan we just hang out and hold each other?
ReplyDeleteSDBOMBSHELL I am so sorry and I want to hug you.
ReplyDeleteListen, the wedding planning. If I were there, I would do whatever I could to help, because wedding planning SUCKS. It gave me my first panic attacks and I look back at that year as one of the worst. Ever. And now, almost three years later, I remember almost nothing about my wedding. I know. Worst bride ever. This comment has no point except I love you and I understand and I would cry into beer with you if I could.
I have some pills for this...
ReplyDeleteTake some time for yourself to just chillax ok? Promise your strange blog friend that you've never met before in real life that you will take time for yourself and not stress so much? Ok thanks bai!
OK. So just after reading this one post, I'm pretty sure we can be best friends;) I've been using my Erin Condren planner for 3 years. YES. I KNOW. $50 for a planner? Am I crazy?Maybe slighlty. But I love it,and it helps me FEEL organized even when I'm anything but!
ReplyDeleteI'm always down for Walking Dead theories. The more the better. Carl is going to snap. I mean. After Lori? Good Lawd.
ReplyDeleteDid the planner make you feel better? Then mission accomplished. ;)
I cannot express how much deja vu I feel when I hear that you're stressed about your wedding. The planner episode is totally something I would have done. And sometimes still do. I have lists and calendars right now, but they don't really help me sometimes. I just look at them and all the crap I have to do and cry. I wish I was more help and had great pearls of wisdom. It just sucks.
ReplyDeleteSeriously weddings, stressful shit, yo. I hope that you eventually move further from the line - so far that it become a dot to you.
ReplyDeleteWe don't even take one of our cats to the vet unless she needs shots. She has a habit of shitting everywhere. Literally. It got on the walls of the vets office. Not pretty. The other cat just cowers, and it's the only time his sweet kitty soul finds itself hissing - so it just make me sad for him.
ReplyDeleteBut I feel you on the planner thing.. I am always on the hunt for THE perfect planner. I bought 4 for 2013 and ended up using none of them after about one week. I want something big but also something to fit in my purse, and those things just don't work together.
Maybe a snuggle with JMeoww will help? ;D
are you doing better this week? Please say you have had plenty of Coors Light to de-stress! You got this...and always pull through!!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is why I spent 3,000 on my fabulous wedding planner to do it all because lord knows I was not up for the job and had that same breakdown (minus the planner... I actually did but a pre made wedding specific planner from Barnes and noble I had my seperate grad school specific planner and my teacher's lesson planning planner already) for the 3 days I was just barely engaged (and alone because matt went to OK for his brothers army graduation)... I literally cried everyday on the phone frwakin out and stressing... Did I mention I was also the cheer coach/advisor at the time?
ReplyDeleteEnough about me point is breathe and use your planner you hired!! Also focus on what's more important to you and Justin for the wedding... Like the beer selection :)
And yes alcohol helps at every step of wedding planning... Use that often!!
you are so funny! but in all real-ness i hope things calm down for you and you can find some relaxation in the midst of it all. and i hadn't thought about carl being psychopathic but now that you mention it, that's a very valid prediction =] anyways, love love love your blog! andddd I am your newest follower! hey-o!
ReplyDeletexo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog
[also, there is a little giveaway up on my blog at the moment]