Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vegas lies.

What happens in Vegas does NOT stay in Vegas because we all love a good shitshow. Am I right? With our Vegas trip on the horizon, I thought I would share some of my most favorite Vegas shitshow moments with you.
  • The time a very awful, awful girl asked me if I forgot to put clothes on and then I cried and then almost got arrested at a liquor store for having a fake ID when in fact it was my real ID and the lady at the counter said, "Psht, not with THAT nose." Worst trip of my life.
  • The time I went with a bunch of girls for work and it was just dramatic and oh dear god I'm having PTSD.
  • The time I made my BFF fly out from Colorado to meet me on a trip I had planned for a boyfriend that I broke up with before said trip occurred. And the first night we found a bar where women drink FO FREE so I drank for free all the beer I could fit in my tummy and then some. And then because the strip was ridiculously dead we had a really weird photo shoot. We got lost in City Center, more than once. We saw a drag show. We molestered wax people.
  • The time my little sister and I went to see Mumford & Sons and stayed at the Hooter's Hotel & Casino because we are classy like that and also she wasn't 21 yet. And we walked the strip to watch Robyn on the big screen of The Cosmopolitan and made friends with homeless rockabillies. And went to the PBR bar and ate the largest sampler platter known to man after Brooke got challenged by a much old man to an arm wrestling contest. And after eating all that fried food we rode a mechanical bull and her boobs almost fell out. Also, we saw Mumford & Sons are our hearts are still full of memories of that special night.
Okay, so mayyyyybe my trips are a little mild. Tell me your Vegas shitshow stories. You know you want to. What happens in blogland stays in blogland.

19 comments:

  1. I have never been to Vegas - what a great story, right?

    And I hate you for seeing Mumford life. HATTTEE.

    Amazing pictures though, I won't lie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Vegas. I'm going in April for Andy's sister's wedding. I'm terrified now thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That time I drank more then humanly possible on an empty stomach and threw up on a bridge and a man with a guitar started singing about the girl throwing up on the bridge.

    That time I couldn't breathe because of all the smoke and everyone thought I was going to die.

    That time I picked up my best friend in the Las Vegas airport, favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been. I really want to go. Everyone always has great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We honeymooned there for a week for free. In the end of June, beginning of July. Worst idea ever. 111 degree weather is no good. So basically we stayed inside all day and went out at night. Which let's be honest. is when the fun starts anyways. Not that they day wasn't fun. We just did it for ten hours until the sun went down. TMI? ah well, you asked for it. giggity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Vegas! Always a great time, and always a great shitshow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to Vegas. But I once went to Chic Fil A in my jammies. I am an effing rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol it's going to be epic. I'm just pissed I have to wait until November to hear about it!

    My trips are usually pretty "normal" too. Except the time I chugged half a bottle of Jager on my own. Had to leave the bar early bc I was being obnoxious (don't remember that or getting back to the hotel), woke up by falling out of bed and hitting my head on the nightstand, then realizing I had no top on. Other than that, usually normal lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last time I went there my doctor had just put me on Valium so I fell asleep ALL OVER VEGAS. In restaurants, sitting up at XS, on a couch at Tao Beach, literally everywhere. It is the one and only reason I have been kicked out of a club!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was going to be cool and be the only person that hasn't been to Vegas since I've been 21 butttt I'm not! I think I'm going in the Spring.. meet me there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The time I was part of the most awkward marriage proposal... he said "you know I love you right" then put the ring box on the table and waited...and then that night later forced to let matt's friend's girlfriend sleep in our room because they broke up the first night we were there then they got back together the next day and broke up again the 2nd night...oh that was the best...blah!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha i love your shitshows- they all sound like fun (minus the b*tch at the liquor store) if i had any vegas trips to tell i would, but i dont. so perhaps in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are you talking about? These trips sound awesome. Especially the one with your sister and M&S! I’ve only been three times. 1. Family vacation when I was 20. 2. My wedding. 3. To see Garth Brooks when I was 7 months pregnant. My wedding weekend was a blast and there were definitely a few shitshows (because of my insane wedding party, not me), the other two were uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, girl, my eyes are watering from laughter because we all know we all experienced shit shows in Vegas. Here is mine...my friend got wheel chaired from a concert at the Hard Rock to our room because she was too messed up to walk. I "fell" asleep at the bar and got walked to my room by a concierge...not my most proudest moment...but it's Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. dang my vegas stories can't nearly compete and they can't actually even compete because i think i am the last person on this planet who hasn't been to vegas other than the airport

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an evil lady!!! And Vegas with girls from work? I need therapy from just thinking about it.

    I've only ever been in the Vegas airport for layovers a handful of times. BUT you know the midget children's book writer in Elf?? He totally stood right in front of me in the Burger King Line. So I think Vegas and I get along pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like your best times have been without a group.

    I went once for a work conference. Hated it, decided not to go back until I go with the right people.

    The first night I hung out with my work bff and the older work ladies and all they wanted to do was gamble. I hate gambling, but I gambled most of my money anyway and drank a lot of the free drinks. While my work bff was being picked up on by a handsome, 40 something Italian, pit boss, in a Donna Karen suit. I stumbled to my room, only I had trouble finding it because all the freaking hallways at the Flamingo Hilton look alike.
    The next morning, I had to sit through a conference where the speakers had us become lions and growl at each other and then we were rays of sunshine. It sucked.
    The 2nd night, I went out with the younger girls to Freemont St. which was pretty cool, I bought one of those really long drinks, still cool. Then the girls picked up on some buff guys in shiny shirts, they looked like WWF wrestlers. (I was married, no fun for me, boooo) We ended up in someones hotel room, watching all the single girls and the wrestlers smoke weed and get crazy, while I sat in the corner with the other married girl. So much fun. I should've took all the money I lost gambling and took a cab to a show or something but noooo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm impressed with your vegas stories! I live like 6 hours away and I've never really been. This makes me want to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been to Vegas a bunch of times and this just inspired me to do a post.

    I wish I was at the wax photo shoot. I also wish for the free beer.

    I've had a few delicious greasy meals at PBR bar, maybe we were there at the same time? Doubtful, but the drunk blonde at the high top table by the bull was me. Next time I'll buy you a beer(s).

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...