Monday, October 15, 2012

I should be watching The Walking Dead...

Life without cable is weird, you guys. But I'm not even sure I want to watch The Walking Dead anymore because the only good character isn't even alive any longer. Yes, I am talking about the love of my life, Shane. Let's argue about him. It's my favorite pastime.

I also just realized how productive I was this weekend with Justin being out of town. You know, you really can get so much accomplished when you aren't sitting around staring at your adorable boyfriend. This weekend I:
  • Celebrated a friend's birthday at a place called Sushi Kuchi. Which has kuchi sauce. Or you can order the kuchi boat. Or the kuchi taco. The chefs shouted something (we like to think they were saying "kuchi") every time someone walked through the door. They also wore afro wigs which was especially hilarious when a man with a real afro walked in.
  • Organized and packed more of my hoard while doing laundry.
  • Had lunch with my friend Kathrin of Shop.School.Sleep at Baja Betty's.
  • Saw Pitch Perfect and loved it so very much. Rebel Wilson is hysterical.
  • Celebrated another friend's birthday at Bar Pink in North Park, the ultimate hipster bar.
  • Watched a total of 7 episodes of Cold Blood on Netflix and then convinced myself that someone was hiding in my apartment when I returned home Saturday night.
  • Cleaned the apartment and threw away more of the hoard.
  • Ran more errands (including cashing in my change at a Coin Star much to the dismay of everyone at Albertson's. Sorry my change is loud, but I now have $45 and y'all don't...) and had brunch at Snooze in Hillcrest.
So many accomplishments in one weekend! All completed just in time to pick up Justin from the airport so I can resume staring at him in the least creepy way possible.

12 comments:

  1. This definitely was a productive weekend! Your experience at the Kuchi restaurant sounds hysterical. Have a great Monday and enjoy staring at Justin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have cable. Now I do. And I'm still kind of pissed about it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baja Betty's!! My brother has taken all his friends and co-workers there now. You had a busy weekend! I think I could probaby live without cable since I don't watch anything on time anyway. But it would be annoying to watch everything from my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the link-up. Your sushi experience cracked me up! I also agree with you on all of the good characters being gone on The Walking Dead, at least keep the hot ones. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im DYINGGGG to see pitch perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha. I haven't seen The Walking Dead, but I've heard it's good. I'm kind of a fraidy cat (Totally would do the same thing after 7 episodes of Cold Mountain!), so I'm not sure I can handle it.

    I can't decide if the extra money for cable is worth it. I'm thinkin' yes, just so I can watch "New Girl" every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm loving your Snooze brunch of course :) Glad you had fun while the BF was gone. I loved Pitch Perfect too, it was so funny! Have you seen The Perks of being a Wallflower yet? It's really good too :)Ps. Still wishing you were joining us in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog through my pal Alissa-- and subsequently binge-read every post of yours from the last month. No regrets. Loved every minute of it.

    I am DYING to see Pitch Perfect! I knew I was going to love Rebel Wilson ever since seeing her in Bridesmaids. And if you haven't already seen it, I suggest you looking up her performance of Salt 'n' Pepa's "Shoop" on Ellen a few weeks ago. Beyond hilairous.

    Also you mentioning sushi, Netflix, and arguing about television characters all in one post makes me want to kick myself for not blog-stalking you sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. in regards to shane, he was obviously smokin hott, however- darryl is the best- by far :) (i cant stand lori) sounds like a good and productive weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha!! you did get a lot done!! Thanks for lunch!! And glad you liked Pitch Perfect...dunno if I'll go see it in theatres or wait for the DVD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, that is quite the full weekend, but it sounds like they were mostly all fun things to do. I've heard good things about pitch perfect, but without a tv I never know what's coming out, or what movies are about anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would die without cable, just die. I think I like tv more than beer or cats, or more than cats that drink beer.

    I also love a good brunch. Makes me all warm and fuzzy..and bloated. There is nothing like a yummy meal followed up by a nap.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...