Friday, December 14, 2012

Potluckery.

Within the next two weeks I have about 900 potluck events to attend and contribute to. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking and baking. And I'm really starting to get my groove back. However, when these events are back-to-back I don't want to be up all night preparing and then potentially creating a pintastrophe. So, I've chosen some of my favorite, reliable, and delicioso recipes to contribute to the world.



I know, her recipes are horrifyingly delicious. A stick of butter, a stick of cream cheese? Whelp. Sure. These cookies are too easy and always a delight. Just make sure you chill the dough before you bake. Be fucking patient, okay? Sometimes I get all crazy chocolate chips or whatever yums I can find. Add all the things and dazzle your guests.


I found these little bars of nom on pinterest last year. A tube of cookie dough and peppermint patties? Mouth says yes.
I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.

And the great american classic,
I linked to the original recipe for this, but if you use canned chicken you are an animal. Please, cook and shred your chicken breasts for the sake of all that is good and holy. Canned chicken should be illegal. The recipe couldn't be any easier: A brick of cream cheese, 3/4 a jar of frito ranch dip, a shitload of Frank's red hot sauce, and boom. Buffalo Chicken Dip. Also, the thought of using a photo that has used canned chicken in the recipe is testing my gag reflex, so you may google it yourself.

And there you have it. My go-to recipes. What are yours?

11 comments:

  1. HOW TIFF GEE GOT HER GROOVE BACK

    I am partial to making cupcakes for potluck events, but most recently I have become a pro at whipping up a decent pico de gallo much to the excitement of all (re: none) of my friends who are Hispanic.

    Send me some of that buff chick dip. NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister makes the chicken dip at every get together. It's always a hit. And yes, REAL chicken. Canned is so gross. The jalapeno dip looks so good too! Good for you for baking and cooking! I hate it. I'm the kind of guest that buys stuff and transfers it to my own dish, then heats it up. But have you had Costco's Parmesan Artichoke Spinach Dip? It's sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was a cookie version of the gooey butter cake! That's it. I'm going to burst from all the food I've been eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jalepenos make everything better, cheese does too - write that down.

    It's bother me that jalapenos is spelled wrong and not capitalized in the above sentence, but I refuse to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need it all right now!

    Canned chicken. I've used it in chicken emergencies and it's frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, what about Granny's corn pudding???? You have to make it!!! You will be a HERO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No joke, I literally made the jalapeno dip for myself, as dinner, lunch, then the next night's dinner (because it's so much) on the regular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stoooppp. jalenpeno dip??? how have i never had this before? sounds like heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm...why did I not recieve one of these baked goodies along with my card?!

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...