Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cohabitating, strike one.

So this is going to be one of those posts in which I discuss lady parts and such because I feel so compelled to share one of my not so finer moments in life with you all. Since most of us freely discuss these things anyways. I'm looking at all of you at once.

As you all well know, I nearly died from a cold last week. Which involved sneezing. So much sneezing. I was also dying from PMS and the crying. So one night on the way home from work, I made the rash decision to just swing by Kohl's real quick because I had Kohl's cash I had to spend and not spending Kohl's cash is basically burning a $10 bill. I chose my item to purchase, stood in line, and began to sneeze. At least four, maybe 89 times. And as I'm having a sneezing fit, the worst thing ever happened.

I released the kraken.

But I wasn't going to get out of line because I was next and I didn't want to make a second trip to Kohl's because that would be ridiculous. So I very carefully shuffled to the register, paid, and ran out to my car. I sped the entire 3-minute drive home. Parked. Dropped my phone on the asphalt. Screamed. Ran upstairs. Opened the door, shouted "hi" to meoww because if you don't she gets really upset, and ran in the bathroom. Without shutting the door. 

What happens next almost changed/ruined my life forever.

As I am assessing the damage and mourning the potential loss of my favorite pants, I hear the front door open.

"Babe? BABE IS THAT YOU?"

I hear the familiar, "Oh hi jmeoww...."

And I scream, "HOLY SHIT I LEFT THE DOOR OPEN DON'T COME BACK HERE WHY ARE YOU HOME SO EARLY!"

And then my worst fear was that he thought I shit my pants. And also that he would find out that my body does lady things. Which, I mean, obviously.

Once I calmed the fuck down and tackled the crime scene clean-up, I was able to explain. Explain that sometimes a lady has no control over when the kraken will be released. And the sneezing? Well the sneezing just completely exacerbated an already precarious situation. If you use big words it will distract from everything else that is going on, I think.

The moral of the story: Shut the door, no matter what. Or: Don't stop at Kohl's on the way home from work anymore. Also: Cohabitating. It happens.

23 comments:

  1. I have an expired kohls cash in my wallet that I can't seem to throw out. I feel so guilty that I didn't use it. I could have bought a future pair of period underwear.

    Ya live and ya learn :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when the kraken is a sneaky jerk like that. Ever since I went on the pill though I can't almost pin point the hour it shows up. That's like the only perk to BC. that and not getting preggo I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my long gigantor arms I can reach both of our bathroom doors from the toilet. I have had to make use of this several times. It's hard to remember that I live with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. This is too much. Too much, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mental image I have in my head right now is amazing. And I'm piling Goldfish into my mouth so I don't laugh out loud.

    Oh, the period sneeze. Oh boy. Oh boy. And in public, no less.

    I pee with the door open all the time. If it's shut, one of two things are happening. Tampon, or....I'm fixing my hair. DUH.

    Girls don't poop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost crying right now from laughing. I love this! The kraken comes at the worst possible times. Always. I learned very early on to always shut the door. Lock it, if necessary. And I scream bloody murder if I hear footsteps anywhere near the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahahahahaha worst.visual.ever. LOL! I love it. I am never going to be able to live with anyone bc I never shut the door!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is kind of my worst nightmare. But seriously. I'm never cohabitating.. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is horrifying and hilarious but like 98% hilarious. Reminds me an episode of 30 Rock where Liz is on the toilet and screams bloody (Kraken pun intended) murder when her then-boyfriend opened a kitchen window that caused the bathroom door to be sucked open, revealing her in all of her glory. Major LOLz.

    Your life is comedic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When the kracken is released, it is embarassing for all; fortunately, the squid-ink of polysyllabic vocabulary clouds the waters. Talk fast, buddy! You'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi-larious. Oh my gosh, I'm actually laughing so hard right now. This is beyond. I love hearing kraken release stories, because it makes me feel like less of a freakshow for my horrific experiences. Also, release the kraken?! Where has that phrase been all my life?

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL....oh Lord, I *always* shut the door, even when my husband isn't home, for this precise reason. I'm PARANOID he's going to come in there at the worst possible time. I do not and will never understand couples who just leave the door open, always and forever...not in MY house. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I will now always shut the door, even if IC isn't home. Thank you for learning this lesson, so I didn't have to!

    This is so funny, and yet so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dog always noses the door open. Luckily I have my own bathroom that connect to my bedroom and there's never REALLY any danger of being caught with my pants down. <<< BEST JOKE I'VE EVER MADE

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you really did crap your pants. Oddly I love you more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, thanks a lot. Now I have new blogs to follow. As if I'm not already behind! Second, Hahaha! Great, great post. I've been with Jacob for almost 12 years (WTF?!), lived together for 10, and I have never left the door open. I won't even pee while he's in the shower (which is something I grew up doing in a house with only one bathroom) Maybe that's why we've lasted...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahaha, oh my goodness, you are so too darn funny. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new post and latest style column for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh mah' gosh. Why you didn't text me or CALL me to tell me this is beyond me. how happy it's made me, oh my gosh. So happy.

    I hate periods, hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is hilarious. Sorry I'm laughing at your expense! Men have it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaah!! hilarious!! Matt has opened the door on me once or twice so embarrassing!! And I always have to pee when I'm coming home from whatever..i will burst thru the door scream I have to pee and run to the bathroom...he's used to it...Justin will get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i get it. i get why shay loves you.
    this is horrifying and hilarious. absolutely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...