Can we just talk about something here? You know, the giraffe in the room? As in, me.
This picture tells me three things.
- A giraffe truly is my Soul Animal. I mean, that arm of mine. Jesus.
- Giraffes are freaking magical creatures. Like unicorns, but with two horns and that is significantly more horns making them cooler.
- I need to better match my foundation to my actual skin color. GOOD LOOKING OUT, FRIENDS THAT SEE ME EVERY DAY.
This photo was taken during a brief recess during training I attended in Tampa, Florida. Tampa, I have learned, is my Soul City. Because, not only did I locate a Steak and Shake, I also found a Beauty Depot right next door to a Meat Depot. Attached to each other. Imagine walking through the wrong door! Have I mentioned I'm tired? Florida is full of blogging gold and I may just move here for a few months to gather some content. I'll become the Ernest Hemingway of Tampa. Because the roadside dinosaur museum was calling my name and I need to see if they are hiring.
But really, I will be flying home today at a time that I didn't even know existed. And although it has been exhausting, sometimes you just need a baby rhino to remind you why you love your job.


Come back to Tampa! Is that at the Lowry Park Zoo? And we have season passes to Dinosaur World :) It's Nate's favorite place.
ReplyDeleteThe "are you my mom?" speech bubble killed me..
ReplyDeleteI LOVE EAST COAST TIFF. STAY 4EVER
Also, give me the coordinates for those side-by-side meat and makeup joints. STAT.
Delete#3 is my favorite, and something that happens to me a lot, so don't feel bad. I need someone to create a make up color specifically for my skin tone so I don't look like an asshole.
ReplyDeleteDid you ever watch Chelsea Lately? She used to do whole segments about Florida and how effing crazy it is.
Also, my arm is so long, I can touch the moon.
DeleteLove that pic! Giraffes really are magical. :)
ReplyDeleteMatching face makeup is freakin hard. I feel like as soon as I put on bronzer, I'm ruining the whole schtick anyway. ha!
Isn't it great meeting long list family members that have been reincarnated? I met my jackass cousin a while back.
ReplyDeleteYou entertain me always!!! You are a gorgeous lady-giraffe. Travel safe! :)
ReplyDelete"Are you my mom?" ..cracked me up. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be tall...
ReplyDeleteNot sure how Laurie is going to feel about the mom statement. Haha jk! I LOVE this! Please change it to your FB default. Twins. Take that Brooke and Brittany - you have a twin too!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh...your arm...and that cutie!! And if I saw you every day I would have told you something was off with that foundation. ;) Just saying lol
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! You arm does look rather long in this picture!!! I agree, those little giraffes are magical! Looks like you had some fun times...can't wait for more stories!
ReplyDeleteI have always felt that giraffes were my soul animal TOO!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you understand me.
like maybe, you're my soul....human? That's it. Soul Human.
that's a thing.
BEST POST EVER. Talls for life!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad you've left the East Coast. I felt like we were so close to each other.
I have the makeup line too. And I second Alissa. I have never NOT ONCE found a makeup shade that even remotely matches my skin color.
Hahah I love this. I have freakishly long arms, too
ReplyDeleteI think my soul animal is the platypus. They're absolutely ridiculous. They have a beaver like tail, a duck beak, TEETH, fur, webbed feet, and he males have poisonous spurs on their back legs. It's like someone cut together 5 different animals, crossed their fingers and pushed into a river.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Are you my mom. Love it. But no, because I know your mom is even more awesome than a giraffe (sorry giraffe but it's true) I wonder what my soul animal is. Hawkeye, probably. Not dogs, just Hawkeye.
ReplyDeleteGiraffes are awesome so yes it might be your soul animal because you are awesome!! What's mine? a cat? hahah
ReplyDeleteHahah! Yay for the talls! I love this! And giraffes! I'm very excited about this post! Seriously though, I'm so jealous of your job.
ReplyDelete