You've heard that before, right?
To that I say, fuck your mental health day.
Monday...Monday I needed a real mental health day. It took everything...every ounce of my being to stay seated in my office and not bolt out to my car and speed home and build a fort under the covers and remain there until Justin forced me to come out and eat dinner. And no, I am not being an overdramatic nail-breaking, coffee-spilling, fml type person.
It's just that. Well. I forgot to take my pills. Again.
I know. We've been here before. But <insert excuse related to drinking too much here> and <insert excuse about falling asleep on the couch here>. I fucked up, and I fucked myself up. My emotional reactions to normal life annoyances have been THROUGH THE ROOF. Meaning I cried my way out of a family party Saturday night because a girl that was missing a tooth cut in front of me at the bar and I was like she's not even cute because she doesn't have all her teeth and what is the point of those braces? And my family and friends were like, whoa. Nice about it. But like, whoa.
And you just can't. You can't even explain it because you are not yourself and you won't be for a few days. So when you return to work on Monday and shit is flying all over the place because of typical incompetencies? Holy sweet jesus, brace yourself and don't you dare make direct eye contact with me because I will cry all over you.
So I don't feel bad that you broke a nail. Or that you coughed. Or that your husband didn't get you the right type of soda or whatever the fuck is it that people complain about every five fucking minutes. I don't feel bad for you, because you can fix it and change it immediately. You can change your situation.
I just have to sit and wait until the medication starts filling up the holes in my system again and I become stable. So until then, I will sit and look at pretty pictures and silly animal pictures (thanks, Shannon!) and remember that it will get better. Soon.
"You can't even explain it because you are not yourself and you won't be for a few days."
ReplyDeleteAmen. Someone should print up a t-shirt.
I hope all your nails stay unbroken and your coffee stays in your cup, in the meantime. <3
pictures of cute animals are always a good go-to-pick-me-up.
ReplyDeletehave you see the kid presidents pep talk? cuz it pretty much makes my day, everyday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o
pretty much the cutest kid evaaaaa.
hope he sends a smile your way :oD
love, love, love you.
ReplyDeleteas you said - newly friended, but friended indeed.
chin up and power forward lady.
Do what you gotta do, sister. Need a personal day? Take it. Your whole future won't be dependent on just one day.
ReplyDeleteUntil then, take this pick-me-up as my gift to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaiXtr2Gpw
While you're at it, watch the whole web series. You will pee. I mean it.
"So I don't feel bad that you broke a nail. Or that you coughed"
ReplyDeleteI love you.
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
ReplyDeleteHere, watch the end of the world: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end
ReplyDeleteThat's what I do. And also Jenna Marbles on youtube.
I'm sorry you're not yourself :( I like watching Simon's cat http://www.simonscat.com/Films/ to make me feel better sometimes :) hope today goes by better and at least you didn't vomit (pretty much ) in front of a class of 30 13 year olds (I was in the girl's bathroom next door to my room with the door open, I'm pretty sure they heard it!!) But seriously, feel better and *hugs*
ReplyDeleteAw man, I can relate. I HATE that out of control feeling. I hope you feel better fast!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am the EXACT same way!!! My coworkers now call me "Hulk" when I forget my meds... Feel better!!
ReplyDeleteoh you poor girl! i know youre hurting right now but you made me giggle. stay positive xox
ReplyDeleteI haven't been on meds. for a long time. In the '90s I was put on prozac and I HATED it. So I've just been going along dealing with anxiety how ever I can. I definitely have days where I couldn't give a SHIT about the piddly things people whine about because the anxiety is so bad I just need to hide, quick. Hiding was so much easier when I was single. Believe it or not I'm a LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE kind of person when my anxiety is high. And you know I love people. I perhaps need to think about medication because I know it's advanced since the early '90s. But I'm scared. I hope the meds. kick in for you, sooner than later.
ReplyDeleteI have been there, and I watch James go through this much more often. I just hope that you didn't spill all your coffee ON TOP of all this crap. That would really suck.
ReplyDeleteIn the meantime, I recommend you youtube "goats screaming like humans." You will die. I know, because I did. I'm not even alive right now.
How many friggin times have I reminded you to TAKE YOUR MEDICINE!!!!!!! I would have cried too if toothless Annie cut in front of me at the bar...you are not alone. hang in there, sweets....and put an alarm on your phone or something....just take the pills!! Love you!
ReplyDeletei have at my desk at my previous job lots of time just wanting to run out of there and it would take all of my strength to keep my butt in that seat and get through the day, like im talking ALL of my strength! hope today is a bit better for you
ReplyDeleteOn the plus side, your Comments have become a gold mine of fun YouTube links.
ReplyDelete*watches them all*
Eeeheeheehee, 7 Minutes in Heaven awkward closet interviews!
Don't worry beautiful. These things happen. Last month, my boyfriend and I had a dinner date all planned and I just started crying OUT OF NOWHERE and locked myself in our bedroom. Literally, for no reason. I decided to buck up (and drink and entire bottle of wine) before I was ready to go out. I hope your week is getting better!
ReplyDeletexx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash
Don't forget to enter my AMAZING Koret Clutch Giveaway happening NOW!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Hope things start getting better for ya!! Your blog is darling!
ReplyDelete