Last time we met we wondered if this would be the end of The JMEOWW Diaries — she was doing so well! She was so nice!
And yet, here we are. Friends of the Queen Beast, she is back and better than ever. Her good behavior lasted just long enough for Justin to take us out of consideration for My Cat From Hell and then BAM. Jmeoww's back, y'all. Miss Jmeoww, if you're nasty.
The worst of the worst started two weekends ago, when Justin was preparing her for her trip to the vet (vaccines, flea shot, lobotomy). As you all well know the vet will not see her unless she has taken a sedative. Which I still call bullshit on because it is their one job. But I digress. So Justin was going to be Saint Justin as per usual and let me sleep in while he tricked Jmeoww into eating sedative-laced treats.
Okay maybe sedative-laced cheese.
Well how about sedative-laced treats AND cheese all inside a pill pocket with a $100 bill as a thank you?
She was having none of that. None of it. So he very apologetically woke me up and in my half-awaken state I grabbed the pill, put Jmeoww in a leglock and tried to force the pill down her throat. She was like, no thank you to that but here's a side of IMMA CUT YOUR LEG OFF for your troubles. If I wasn't awake yet, I was after I got the bunny-kicks to my upper thigh. I lost some blood.
And then after that she went full-rainmeoww and we decided to call off the vet trip for all of our emotional well-being. So we rescheduled for the following week. Because we are adults and totally in charge here.
We were so well prepared for the next trip. Our new plan was to crush the pill and put it in some wet food, which she normally doesn't get. So we gave her wet food every few days so that she wouldn't be suspicious. I still have the same bowl that I used when she regularly got wet food as a kitten so when she sees it her tiny meowbrain explodes out of her ears and she's like THE RED BOWL IS FULL OF GLORY.
We were totally pumped. We had this.
Except. Well. She saw the pill bottle. She made eye-contact with the pill bottle and knew that something was up. By the time I was dragging my ass out of bed she was already on her way back under the bed all slinky like. When I met Justin in the kitchen with a What Did You Do Wrong face his response was, "I didn't realize she was THAT smart."
Um excuse me. I'm taking her to Vegas to count cards. Obviously she is THAT smart.
But the battle wasn't over yet. We got her out of the bedroom and shut the bedroom door so she would have nowhere to retreat to and we just knew that she was starving and she would HAVE to eat the food. She had to.
Well, instead she hid behind the bar like a wounded warrior and flinched anytime someone made a sound. At this point, my motherly instinct kicked in and I knew what I had to do. So I sat behind the bar with her and rekindled our relationship. Although I was trying to get her to trust me so that I could betray her again, it needed to be done. Once she was more comfortable, I found a piece of string that she had clearly been saving back there and we played with a goddamned piece of string for a good 25-minutes. A. Piece. Of. String. We had a couple of very scary moments filled with loud noises that Justin was making (like throwing trash away), but eventually after much trust-building she went out and ate some of the goddamned sedative-laced food.
I was so fucking proud at that moment it was like she spoke an entire sentence in English or something. But I couldn't celebrate too loudly because loud is totally scary.
By this point, it was too late for the sedative to really kick in and she didn't eat nearly enough of the drug-food but I took her to the vet anyways because it is their one job. Upon walking through the door the receptionist looked at my haggard face and at the Queen of all Veterinary Visits and said, "Oh is that my friend?!?"
Yes. Yes she is your friend. She is everyone's friend. Just don't let her see the fucking pill bottle ever again.

I could read JMeoww stories all day long.
ReplyDeletepoor jmeoww. animans know what's up, esp when it's vet trip days! my dog used to hide under the bed way in the back and snap at anyone who came near her when she had a feeling it was time for the vet.
ReplyDeleteI am convinced JMeoww could rule North America with her smarts.
ReplyDeleteI am also convinced there should be a JMeoww book.
I wish JMeoww had her own show. I would DVR the shit out of that. Smart kitty.
ReplyDeleteYESSS I was so sad when she was behaving. Of course she knows what the pill bottle is Justin. Duh. She's smarter than both of you combined.
ReplyDelete"but here's a side of IMMA CUT YOUR LEG OFF for your troubles" Thank goodness the real you is back now Meoww. I was worried.
Holy hell they make YOU sedate her. Cat's are way smarter than we give them credit for. The cat we had when I was little would pretend to swallow his meat ball pill and then pop that bad boy like 5 feet away with his tongue the second we relaxed. And he was actually a really calm sweet kitty. (we had to sedate him to fly)
ReplyDeleteI think she's smarter than me. My mom used to crush up pills (legal ones, prescribed to me!) and put them in my apple sauce. Even if I saw the pill bottle, I had no idea what she was up to.
ReplyDeleteOkay, part of that was true. You figure out which part.
I really thought she'd go for the cheese...I guess only dogs are that stupid.
I'm with SMD. She needs a book. It blows my mind the things we do for fucking pets. I mean really, they don't contribute anything to the household, make messes, you have to clean up their bodily functions, and then YOU are the one who has to look like the asshole.
ReplyDeleteI am also laughing because right at this very moment, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are driving 17 hours from Florida to Delaware to move my sister-in-law and her husband into their new house and they have TWO cats in the car who have been crying since they left Florida at 8 a.m. this morning. Couldn't have happened to a better person, really.
I think I just peed. JMeoww adventures make me laugh so hard.. and then feel for you because you actually have to live them. That bitch is cray. Also, my brother got a kitten and I was playing with it and scaring it and it kept jumping backwards. Well it jumped backwards too far and at just the right angle to go through the poles across the landing of the stairs. Bye kitty down a flight and a half. I thought for sure she'd be dead but she was no worse for the wear.. except she hates me now.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Gosh. Is it bad that I want you to go to the vet all the time so I can read about the process? So funny!!
ReplyDeleteSooo you're going to send another video to MCFH right??
ReplyDelete