Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wedding 6/6


We are back and kind of in action. This is my Christmas party hell week which means no naps. BUT. But. I promised the bride a blog post and because she is sweet and adorable and planned a perfect wedding, she totally gets one.

The bride we speak of is now Justin's sister-in-law. And the fabulous wedding was held in Santa Monica at The Victorian, which is a perfect romantic and hipstery venue. I mean, it had a speakeasy downstairs. Which I discovered because I accosted one of the groomsmen that was holding an old-fashioned. Don't withhold classic cocktails from me, guys. I will find them.

We went to a few thousand weddings this year, so we are experts. Yet there were so many things about this one that made it incredibly unique and made me cry like a moron many, many times. Want to make your entire wedding audience cry? Have a sibling officiate it. Have your wildly talented sister-in-law sing the song she wrote for you as you walk down the aisle (note: that is not the song, just an example!). And write your own vows. I think I've said this before but seriously, personalized vows are so damn special and these two did not disappoint. They showcased a truly genuine and sweet love through their own words and had us all in tears. I have a heart, I really do.

Besides all of the romance and drinking and love that was happening, some notable "SO US" moments happened as well.
  • I forgot my Naked Palette. You know the horror. Luckily, Sephora is the new starbucks and I picked up some replacement shadows.
  • This:
  • I walked barefoot around Santa Monica. Because IT WAS SO CLEAN (the Promenade is, at least).
  • Justin drunkenly bonded with a Russian cab driver and tipped him 75%.
  • Justin forgot his belt and asked me to go get him one. Meaning I had to drive his spotless vehicle through unfamiliar Santa Monica traffic to locate a store of belts. Which of course, I first found Nordstroms and had no time to be picky. Which of course, if he ever loses that belt I will kill him.
  • This: 

The dress is Vince Camuto for Macy's. Hell yea I got all designery.
The only good full-dress shot showed my dingy tom's that I
wore for setup so there will be none of that.
  •  A wedding after party with Justin's best friend/life partner (whom I was delighted to meet) that included pizza delivery to the motel (yes, motel) and a Duck Dynasty marathon (which further proved to Justin that we cannot get cable, ever).
  • Oh, AND I met the family and survived. And discovered that his Aunt reads this nonsense. Hi, Aunt Wendy!
  • And also, we decided again that we are in fact not having one of these things.
And finally, upon returning home after leaving miss meoww in her newish home, alone, for 2.5 days we discovered that she ruined not one thing. In fact, she cleaned up after herself. Just kidding.

And that is our final wedding recap of 2012! I expect many invitations to weddings next year just so I can do this all over again. And wear all of these damn dresses again...

20 comments:

  1. sounds like fun! i love your dress, so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorg. You are gorg. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with men and belts? The last wedding I went to, my date didn't realize until we were taking pictures and my Dad pointed it out that he, in fact, had forgotten a belt. AND HE WAS A GROOMSMEN. My Dad had to let him borrow one... super awesome first impression. You looked gorg!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great wedding! Im trying to convince myself NOT to buy the sephora palette, but you dont understand how many large sephora palettes, UD palettes, tarte palettes I have. Why? Because every time I travel, I forget them, and have to buy a different one. Way to track down the old fashioned! and really, who hasnt mistakenly tipped WAYYYY to much while drunk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I winked at my dad during our wedding and it made him cry. and then it made me cry. and then standing in the line, my dad told one of his buddies about it and his friend started to cry and then it made me cry again. haven't winked since.

    that's a lie. I wink so much people probably think I have a twitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a good time! I remember how nerve racking it was to meet all the fam for the first time. That picture of you all dolled up is so pretty! I want to see the whole dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not believe J ruined nothing. I'm shocked. Impossible!
    I do love love love that dress on you. Great color. Probably looks really good next to the belt...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Victorian, they used to serve food there for regular guests (I don't know if they do that anymore.) I used to nanny for my sister in LA and I would get away from LA to Santa Monica. It's definitely one of those places that gets an unmarried girl dreaming. I can imagine it was so magical for an actual wedding. I'm glad you made it through this season of weddings, your relationship has really blossomed through the year, it's exciting. BTW You look absolutely lovely in the dress, it's a great color for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww looks like a successful event. I need to check out the Victorian sometime. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a generous tipper. I will pick your ass up and drive you around anytime you're in Chicago. Just holler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo-hoo! Wedding 2012 complete!!! You guys looked ravishing and if Justin loses that belt...I don't even want to know what you'll so to him! ;) And you survived meeting the fam!! Thanks for the link to my blog!! You soooooo sweeeeet!!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to start taking it personally if you drive PAST my place and don't even stop by to say hello!

    You get a pass this time since I was in Chino dealing with root canal hell. But still! And I like your dress haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you sure you didn't want to be more beautiful than the wedding party. You are stunning and you must not attend any weddings for 6 months. I think this calls for an intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 75% tip??? i want to drive justin around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great weekend, Duck Dynasty and all. I can't believe you don't want a wedding, you sap, you. Great looking couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fanfreakingtastic.

    Don't hate me, but I love Duck Dynasty. I spent some good time with the Robertson clan Sunday evening. I find them entirely too funny.

    I haven't been to a wedding since my own. After having my own, I never want to go to one again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a blast! I definitely feel you pain when it comes to weddings... I am going to be IN 3 weddings in 6 weeks next summer haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was going to ask where you go that dress from! I might need you to send it to me if I don't like the one I ordered...

    Wait, never mind. I could never pull it off like you did!

    Ohhh Justin...he needs to understand that cable is a need, not a want. I watched Duck Dynasty for the first time last night. Sy? My hero.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you made it through meeting the family! I haven't been to a wedding since I was. . . 13? Maybe in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...