Right? We have learned so much from this so, most importantly that our wee devil is not that bad. She has come so far, you guys. Fine, she pees herself at the vet (yes, only pee this time...thankfully) and she still hunts me (and only me). But I have learned that it could be SO MUCH WORSE.
One of the cats that Sir Galaxy was dealing with was feral, and to make the cat feel more comfortable around him, he slow-blinked at it several times. You know, slow-blinked. It is how cats know that you are not a threat and you like them.
So at this point I'm all up in giggles. HE IS BLINKING AT THE CAT. THEY ARE SPEAKING WITH EYES. Dying. And then that Justin. He says, "What? I do that to jmeoww all the time."
You guys. I lost my shit. Completely. My boyfriend had been secretly eye-communicating with my animal and not telling me. Okay first of all, he eye-communicated. Secondly I had no idea and that was the kicker. They have secrets, those two. I KNEW IT. Next time I enter a room and they are both silent and glancing at each other I will know, just know that they are talking shit about me behind my back. WITH THEIR EYES.
Of course, because I'm a complete asshole, I shared this story with my friends and had to take it a step further. This is now how we communicate at lunch. Because sometimes you can't always say things out loud and nothing expresses your mood like a good slow-blink.
![]() |
| or the non-blink... |


im sorry but mr cat whisperer freaks me the eff out. my boyfriend and i got sucked into one of the episodes one day and the whole time i was just thinking about how creepy he was.
ReplyDeleteWHAT? How have I not heard of this show before?
ReplyDeleteYou always said Justin and J had something special going on...I guess you were right!
This show made Andy realize that Abby really isn't THAT bad. My vet told me about the slow blink last year when Abby had a meltdown at the vet. I felt like a complete idiot sitting there blinking at my cat.
ReplyDeletewow. he eye communicates with Jmeoww and you're just barely learning about this???? I'd be pissed.
ReplyDeletejk this is hilarious though. and you just added ANOTHER tv show I want to watch but can't. my life.
haha what is this show?! and communicating with the eyes?! this is awesome
ReplyDeleteIf your catman starts licking his parts I would stop watching this show.
ReplyDeleteI like to consider myself a television connoisseur, so I am appalled at myself that I have never even heard of this show... because IT SOUNDS HILARIOUS.
ReplyDeleteAlso, let's talk for three hours about last night's Mad Men at your earliest convenience.
I slow blink at my cat all the time, but mostly just because I'm copying/mocking him. I didn't know it actually did anything...
ReplyDeleteI love that show! We have a difficult male cat who thankfully came to us b/c if anyone else would have had him they may have put him down. He's now 3 years old and thanks to that guy, he's a sweet sweet boy... well most of the time. lol Thankfully our girl kitty is super sweet. =)
ReplyDeleteRecent Post: Evy's Tree Giveaway on the ole blog!
OHMYGOSH.
ReplyDeleteFrist, I love that show! James and I once wasted a whole Saturday watching that show.
Second, I love that Justin eye blinks with JMeoww. I think James and Noel do it too, because they have a weird bond I don't understand.
I have never heard of this show! But man, it sounds brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI suck at eye communication, I can't wink...it limits what the eyes can say, you know?
Unless your my gd cat who is a creepster. Who stares at you in the mid morning..."hey, hey human...wake the f*ck up and feed me!"....stares some more...then I get a paw in the face. No blinking. Just intent staring.
ReplyDeleteJustin a jmeow who knew?! Ps that show is crack!
ReplyDeleteStoooop!!! Okay, really, this confirms that Justin is a TRUE keeper. Those two can't be separated . You guys are officially a family! ;) All I wanna do is blink really slow now!! ha!!
ReplyDeleteomg I always knew Justin had some secret voodoo over that cat. Now I know. Secret eye communications. Sneaky, Justin, sneaky.
ReplyDeleteI die! You effin kill me every time! I have to see this show.
ReplyDeleteHahahah! My cat slow blinked at ME all the time, but I never did it back. I also non-blink all the time! Usually with a slight tilt of the head, just like Kristin Wiig!
ReplyDelete