Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Music: The XX

If you haven't heard this song yet, you're doing life wrong. It is quite possibly the most delicate and sugary sappy love songs I've heard recently. What? Is that really a question? OF COURSE I cried the first time I heard it. Listen and then we can talk.


Again, I realize my blog updates are a little overemotional lately. But so am I. Love is an overwhelming and powerful thing and causing my emotionometer to go all wacky. Emotionometer. It's a thing now. Make it happen.

Music has always been a pillar in our relationship. Our first kind-of-date was at his best friend's band's show. Then a week later I forced him to go to a fest put together by a local radio station that featured a few bands, most notably Florence & the Machine and Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds. Wonderwall happened. And then I died of happy. And during a time when we weren't even supposed to be speaking to each other, we drank whiskey and listened to music for hours which made me fall even more in love than I already was. So busted.

So the first time I listened to this song and actually paid attention, I immediately picked up the phone WHILE DRIVING to tell him to listen to it. It was a necessary risk.

If you like this, you will most likely enjoy all of the lovely music by The XX. Just remember to be aware of your emotionometer.

6 comments:

  1. I love music.

    but girl.

    I did not cry.

    maybe I need to be as in love as YOU are.

    Or mildly in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember our whiskey music night... that was a great night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest trend report and my big news regarding Lauren Conrad. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music reflects and affects everything in our souls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love The xx, but have never heard this before! They were just in Seattle a few weeks ago and I couldn’t go. Bummer! I love people that live and breathe music. I’m totally untalented (unless you count high school clarinet. Band geek!)Such a sweet story about you and Justin. but I appreciate music so much. Keep the songs coming! I love hearing new ones from you! Why aren’t Noel and Liam together? Stupids. Also, did you know every single person lip-synched at the closing ceremony? Whaaat!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you love music! it's nice to know i'm not the only one who gets emotional over songs :)

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...