Sunday, August 26, 2012

That Time I Didn't Get Engaged.

That title? IT'S FINE. At some point this weekend, Justin referred to me as "the woman he is going to marry" to which my friends of course made the decision that he had actually proposed and then posted messages of congratulations on my facebook wall because they are complete assholes that I love dearly. Let's talk about how much my mom appreciated that. Humorous, I realize. But also, he says stuff like that. Which is why he totally wins. He also accompanied me on a 29-hour whirlwind of celebrations that we survived, yet again.

Friday night we celebrated Emily's 30th birthday at Medieval Times. We did not, luckily, have to put chicken skin on our face as she intended us to. And no one got kicked out or arrested, as we thought they might. They did sincerely piss off one of the knights, who are way too sensitive in my opinion. The master of ceremonies did know Emily by name by the beginning of the event. Possibly because she got knighted as a wench. Possibly because Medieval Times is her "Disneyland," which would make so much more sense if you had an Emily in your life.

I normally wouldn't post a picture of Justin
being a total perv, but omg EMILY. 
After a wild evening of drinking ALL THE BEER and some of the whiskey in Buena Park, we woke up early to head back to San Diego to get glamorfied to go to a wedding. Because, WEDDINGS. This was #3 of 5 for the summer (#6 is in December so I haven't counted it yet). This was our dear friend Maggie's wedding to her childhood crush that she reconnected with in a bar. The ceremony was held at a park overlooking all of San Diego and it was gorgeous.

Attending all of these weddings is teaching me many do's and don'ts although as I repeated yet again, I don't want one of these. Besides the obvious, two seriously amazing things happened that may not have been so hilarious if we had our full mental capacities intact.
  1. Maggie's brother lives in Japan so he could not be present but he sent a video they played during the reception. It started out very sweet and witty, and then his small child starting pushing his way in to the frame and her brother gently shoved the little guy away stating, "They practically raise themselves." Perfect. By the end of the video the tiny child was all up in the frame and it was so sweet and genuinely hilarious. I might make one of my sisters not come to my non-wedding just so I can have a fun video.
  2. A very much older couple seriously getting their groove on. They were having so much fun and my heart exploded with glee. I don't dance much now because it makes me uncomfortable. But I suppose at that age, you don't have to worry about looking silly when you dance. It was perfect and I want to be them when I grow up.
Oh also, our blushing bride did the Dougie. On her own accord. Because she is seriously that awesome. We also totally bonded with another work friend's girlfriend and I suspect he had been keeping her from us for that reason. Now he HAS to hang out with us outside of work.
Bestie Jenn. We always take a couples picture
because that's never weird for anyone.
The man. He wants to marry the shit out of
me but not yet and THAT'S OKAY.
So pretty right now.
Open bar, so you know...
Much better. Jenna & Jenn. Don't get confused.
We live in a 5 block radius of one another.


Joined by our new friend. She fits right in!
And after all of that, Sunday was this:


Isn't that a sight? We didn't move. Only for food. And J drank out of Justin's cup all day because she was too lazy to walk to get her own water. He got all weird about it and I'm like, she's just resourceful JEEZ. I'd let him drink out of my cup (not anymore probably...). I'm clearly tired and rambling. These weekends do that to me.

13 comments:

  1. I've never been to Medieval Times. Isn't that so sad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha you are hilarious. the man is QUITE cute and so is your floral dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These weddings you go to sound a lot more fun that the ones I go to! I've never been to Medieval Times. I really want to. Just once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like a fun wedding!! And I love your dress. I'll make sure Hawkeye does not attend your non-wedding and sends you a video instead. I'll probably be all about her eating white castle though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah omg I would kill my friends if they did that shiz but good news is that the man wants to marry you..someday! Glad you had so much fun :) Tell j.meoww she can drink out of my cup whenever she feels like it! Thanks for linking up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time I went to Medieval Times a moron in our party puked during the show. It was ridic since you can't just get up. First and last time I go to that place. And of course you know I was freaking out about the horses lol!

    Looks like you and the finace had a great weekend together. Esmeralda was spot on with her psychic reading! (That's what I named her.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...I'd go crazy if friends did this to me...but your guy is awesome. At least you are knowing where you two are headed. :) YAY! And your lil cat stories crack me up every time. ;)

    xoxo

    P.s. I changed my button (and it'll stay that way for a while) thought I'd let you know so you can change it accordingly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously crack me up! What a good weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No way...I am sorry, about the engagement mix up...damn Facebook! ;) You crazy kids looked like you did it up right this weekend, once again! I wish I could go to as many weddings as you guys...getting dressed up, eating good food, drinking some fab drinks and busting out some old school moves...jealous! ;) Glad you guys got some rest Sunday...I need some now from just reading!! Hope you had a great Monday!!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. An open bar and me?

    that is asking for a horror show.

    I"m glad he wants to marry the shit out of you, that's a good man right there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best part is the faces we make while half lit or dancing. I think it's true talent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Facebook thing happened to me once, too! My parents were definitely stressing until they got me on the phone. Looks like you had a great weekend! Love the photos!

    Christa
    Significance or Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading that you are "The woman he is going to marry" seriously made me tear up. That is a very romantic thing for a man to say. Unless he's a serial killer or in prison. I'm guessing, he's neither. I think weddings are great. Tears, entertainment, food and booze. That's all anyone needs for a good time.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...