Five years ago I received a phone call at 2am. "I think it's happening..." And then they sent her home. And then a few hours later I was flying up the 15 freeway. And then 11 hours after that, this little guy was born. And by born I mean he slowly made his way out of my sister's you-know-what as she screamed obscenities at her Asian doctor who thought it would be funny to say, "Oh you can't do this? Okay! No baby for you today!" My favorite part of that day: Somewhere in the middle of her long-ass labor, we left to go have mexican food and margaritas. HA!
Back to the point. That day, Bryce joined our massive and ridiculous family and it hasn't been the same since. Not just because once my sister popped out one kid, everyone else followed. But because he has brought us so much joy and happiness that we never knew existed. HOW CLICHÉ , I KNOW.
At some point in time, I decided I would call him "Pee-Pants." Which is further evidence that I might make a great mother someday maybe possibly. I could go on for days about this kid, but let's summarize:
- He is my little nerd who gets all in to animals and dinosaurs and rock collecting, just like me.
- He is a tiny hoarder/collector. If you buy him one, he MUST have them all.
- I bought him a hermit crab for Christmas last year. He named it "Penguin."
- He is our sports buddy, and loves it all. We call him our "Little Bookie," because he knows how to run a sportscenter app on a cell phone and is always giving us score updates.
- Once he told me I looked like a dinosaur. A brontosaurus, to be exact.
- He used to call his pacifier his "is-it" which was the cutest thing in the whole entire world.
- The way he laughs at his ridiculous little sister and just shakes his head. He is the BEST big brother.
Yesterday, he started kindergarten. Today he turns fives. Next week he will probably take over the world. Because he's badass like that.

he's a doll. those kindergarten girls are gonna be all over that.
ReplyDeleteI love that age of kids. They are so fun to be around. Andy's nephew is 3 and a half, and he calls himself "Pempis" (his name is Memphis, which is a WHOLE 'NOTHER STORY). He found a frog and named it Bill Lang, which is Andy's dad.
ReplyDeleteAwww, happy birthday to Pee-Pants! I love little science nerds too. Just like Nolan!
ReplyDeleteMy kid and your nephew. President and vice president. Let's start campaigning now
ReplyDeleteBAHAHAHAHAHA totally a brontosaurus! You're so tall and long. You can call him pee pants, I think he should be called boy genius though bc that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to him :) You should celebrate with margaritas and Mexican food.
he's going to have all the little lady kindergarteners all over that. he's adorable.
ReplyDeleteand how could i forget? you called you a brontosaurus. that is amazing.
ReplyDeleteapparently, i need to go back to kindergarten. and stop being an asian.
Deletebecause "you called you"? i need help.
He's a super cute kid! Kids are fun. I am not ready for any yet, but I can imagine the cliche, "joy you never knew existed". :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Taylor
taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com
What is it about little boys and collecting? Mine is 7 but exactly the same.Rx
ReplyDeletehttp://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/
I totally understand your love for him. There's something about having a little extension of your sister, one that you get to kind of help raise. I love my nieces and nephews and I'm glad you're having the same experience.
ReplyDelete