Wait. What? Here's the thing. The meoww has been quite well-behaved lately. Well-behaved meaning I haven't lost any blood lately. She also hasn't attracted any more fleas. But she has attracted the neighbors' cat, which is now her second boyfriend (Justin will always be her first love. It's disgusting). Since she can't go outside (yet), they lay on opposite sides of the screen door like fucking Romeo & Juliet. We also started slowly acclimating her to the great outdoors by letting her spend a few minutes on the patio. Her tiny brain exploded. It was adorable, and then I had a panic attack imagining her jumping off the balcony and getting hit by a car. So indoors we went. Baby steps. For both of us.
| HAVE YOU SEEN THIS FUCKING LEAF? * |
| Not the night in question. This was way before the murder attempt. |
What happened next was a blur of movement and laughter that would last for hours. Jenna and I were sitting on my couch probably watching 20/20 on TLC when out of nowhere, a paper bag comes running into the living room at speeds only previously achieved by Usain Bolt. And then it went back in the bedroom. And then flashed through the living room way into the kitchen. And we were laughing so hard we couldn't do anything to stop it. Which probably would've made me an accomplice to the murder.
When the bag finally stopped running, I ran over to comfort J who was the most terrified I've ever seen an animal. She was breathing rapidly, all puffed out and hunkered down hissing her life away. I grabbed the bag to cut the handles off so she would never have to suffer such entanglement again and the bag was wet. And then I looked around. The carpet was wet. Dear god, my cat had pissed herself from fear.
This realization only made the laughing worse which scared her more and then it just spiraled into a pee-filled laughterfest. Once she calmed down I was able to clean her peepants and comfort her while stiffling my giggles.
Paper bags are no longer allowed in the house of meoww. They are a threat to meowws worldwide and should probably be outlawed due to their murderous nature.
*JMEOWW thinks in caps-lock and would probably swear a lot.
Poor little baby girl! She really does look like my cat Tino...it's creepy.
ReplyDeleteWe let him out for a little bit at a time, and now he goes out for most of the day. One of our other cats watches him like a babysitter when he's out. It's kind of adorable.
I'm so sorry. I completely just burst out in tears from trying to hold my laughter in at my desk. Oh my goodness
ReplyDeleteAbby did this in my old apartment. I had to stop myself from cry laughing in order to help her. Then she repeated this when we moved into the house with a plastic grocery bag. This time, she hid under the bed and we had to use the handle to the Swiffer to get her out to untangle her. She learned her lesson that time.
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahaha!!
ReplyDeleteI've had three cats in my life and all of them were devil-possessed terrors. So I'm not what you would totally call a cat person. But I LOVE cat stories and videos.
this is amazing.
poor Jmeoww.
HAHAHAHA omg. I don't even feel sorry for her, that is just purely hilarious. Finally, something trying to murder her back!
ReplyDeletethis is the greatest story I have ever heard about a cat. almost. i've heard some good ones.
ReplyDeletecats piss themselves, go figure.
i had no idea.
I learned something new today. probably this week. i don't learn much.
You're hilarious! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Mixed Prints post. I bet you could pull it off!
ReplyDeletewww.winetastegirl.com
Hahahah! SO funny! I had no idea cats peed themselves. Unless yours is just special (and kind of a baby). My old cat, Brian Austin Green, looked so much like her! I want a cat again...
ReplyDeleteOmg this is so funny! I don't really like cats (don't hate me) but JMeoww sounds awesome.. as long as she doesn't pee on me.
ReplyDeletehehehehe omg XD so funny :D
ReplyDeleteAmy
http://dontfeedthebirdsplease.blogspot.co.uk/
Wow! Who'd a thought that a paper bag would bring the big bad wolf to her knees. Crazy. Of course you are a good mama, comforting her and keeping those things away from her.
ReplyDelete