Tuesday night I went to my first ever book signing to meet one of my most favorite people in the world. And by world I mean Internet. You guys I met
The Bloggess, Jenny Lawson. I read her blog religiously and have been for a few years now. Her writing is not only some of the funniest shit I have ever read, but also at times painfully honest about her struggles with depression, anxiety and other mental health issues. And I find that so damn inspiring. She is one of my blogging heroes and was just as amazing and adorable in person as I would have expected.
 |
| Copernicus, The Bloggess, & an overexcited me. |
She read a chapter from her book,
Let's Pretend this Never Happened (which you should totally read if you like to laugh). The chapter about overdosing on laxatives, naturally. And in true Bloggess fashion, she admitted to us before she began speaking that she had in fact taken one too many anti-anxiety pills. Amazing.
If you are unfamiliar with The Bloggess, here are some of my favorite posts
The Nathan Fillion post is how I got Justin to send me a picture of him holding a can opener way before he was my boyfriend and HAD to do such a thing. Which made my life, naturally. Which I told her as she signed my book, naturally. I also told her that when she followed me on twitter I totally peed my pants. But not like literally. Oh my god I rambled. What a dork.
Anyways, if you enjoy shenanigans, taxidermy, and metal chickens, you can happily consider yourself a Lawsbian. We are a proud bunch of misfits.
I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU MET HER. I love her. Oh my gosh do I love her. When I was reading her book, I kept waking Andy up in bed because I had the giggles so bad.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about her before this, but now I'm super excited to check her out. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteIs this where I saw the Beyonce incident? For some reason I thought I had seen that on TV...but I read it? Lol!
ReplyDeleteThat's cool you got to meet someone who you look up to and admire!
I've never read her blog but thanks to you, I'm a fan! I really needed to read "the fight goes on" today. You have no idea!! Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteI have never even heard of this human.
ReplyDeleteI've got to check out her book. How exciting to meet her! You look so happy in the picture!
ReplyDeleteThat is so FREAKING awesome! She is FREAKING awesome!! I am a tad bit jealous, but so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteShanna
That is so cool!! You sent me over to Heather Armstrong's dooce.com because you re-posted one of her post on facebook and I would read them afterschool with tears running down my face because she is so funny!! I will check this new one out because apparently you have great taste in reading (blog) material!!
ReplyDeleteSHE'S behind Beyonce the giant metal chicken??? I saw that story on Pinterest and the was the single greatest thing I have ever read. Oh my gosh I can't believe you got to meet her!! I'm dying.
ReplyDeletep.s. new here. and I already love you. too soon?
who cares.
--Whitney
themiddleofthestreet.blogspot.com
I LOVE HER! I read her book before I go to sleep and I have to keep myself from laughing out loud so I don't wake husband... which means I'm shaking because I don't want to laugh out loud. Love her and super jealous you got to meet her. THe book signing in Chicago was sold out!
ReplyDeletethat is pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of this blog yet... I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteShe's great. I actually first read Beyonce the Giant Metal Chicken at your posting on FB. She makes me long for the energy to write about all of my personal shenanigans and long to find the humor in it all. I'm all jokes in front of the crowd but when I'm alone, I'm NOT amused. You're an inspiration too, Tiffany. I'm happy to have found a blog friend in you.
ReplyDelete