So many
fantastic Tiffany and JMEOWW moments happening during The Great Move of 2012. You'll notice that I'm not listing any ridiculous Justin moments. Because, well he was a saint and gracefully put up with all of the madness. Seriously though, I moved 20 miles. You'd think I moved to Greenland. Here are some highlights:
- I cried over a stick. A moss-covered, decorative stick that Justin said shouldn't go on the coffee table and then I cried. And then he put it on the coffee table and it looked awful, just as he said it would. Stick has been relegated to the patio for now.
- I called potential furniture buyers from craigslist murderers via text message. I had this not so irrational fear of being alone while people were coming to look at my furniture because, MURDER. Justin couldn't make it down one night and after the couple left I was telling him how nice they were and in the second text I said, "They didn't even try to murder me!" Except I somehow sent it to them. The non-murderers who were to purchase my couch. It really was a compliment....and they still bought my couch. Nicest murderers ever.
- JMEOWW attacked a groomer and I will probably never step foot in Petco again. But cats groom themselves, stupid Tiffany. No shit. But if cats could rid themselves of fleas then I wouldn't have had any problems. Hence, a professional flea bath. And a talon trim. And cue JMEOWW hissing and lunging at the groomer when she tried to remove her from the kennel to brush her.
Now, I believe that said groomer was just kind of a wimp. Because all I did was walk back there and grab her by the scruff of her neck and shove her in her carrier. Toughen up, cat groomers. Either way, it was embarrassing and we can never go back there.
 |
| J's moving day. She was beyond thrilled. |
- JMEOWW lived in a box spring for the first few days in her new home. INSIDE. As in, she tore a hole in the bottom of the box spring and set up camp in there.
The day that the box spring was to be removed and put in storage, she refused to exit said box spring. Flat out refused. As Justin said, we probably set her adjustment level back an entire week. Which may explain her new routine of waking us up at 6:30 a.m...
 |
| She will make a home out of anything, including storage boxes. |
- I decided to start calling Justin roommate & roomie. He better not eat my food...EVER.
With the exception of the dreaded task of cleaning the old place (which is literally collapsing, by the way...) we are officially cohabitated. And we couldn't be happier (unless we got to sleep past 6:30 a.m.).
yayyy!! poor little j, i hope she adjusts to the new home and fast! glad to hear you had some amusing stories over the course of the move :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everyone survived the great move of 2012. When a friend of mine moved a few years ago, one of her cats lived in the back of the couch for a week or two. When I moved? The cats didn't hide anywhere...it's like they knew they were going to own the place from day 1.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have lots of closet space for all of your clotthhhhhes.
So Abby lived in a box spring for awhile when I moved too. She ripped apart the base and made a little nest in there. I think J and Abby would be good friends. Or they would hiss their faces off.
ReplyDeleteWhen I see pictures of JMeowww I feel like she is staring into my soul. Once I was going to buy a super cheap guitar as a gift for one of my friends off of Craigslist but I chickened out because I automatically assumed they were going to assault me, take my $50, and leave me for dead. I watch too many Lifetime movies.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS ON THE MOVE!!!!
Woohoo! I'm sure you are so glad it is done! I'm dying over your murderer text!
ReplyDeleteI hate moving. hate it. I cry over things too.
ReplyDeleteand my little dog attacks the groomers too. He had to be put in a muzzel everything he went for a hair cut. then my mom just started cutting his hair. But she still has to put a muzzel on him.
i am thinking that JHissFaceCat and Shark need to meet. even though i have a feeling she would kill him, i feel like this could be epic.
ReplyDeleteawe! You poor dear. I'm glad that you've gotten moved and settled. I wish I could say the same on this end, but I cannot, but, I too have been crying over a stick, instead I was crying over a dustpan and frantic about my hatred for the movers. Moving is stress and, though you cant sleep past 630 yet, (she'll get over it eventually..i hope ours do as well) the worst is over :)
ReplyDeleteyay!! you're back and yay y'all survived the move!! haha jmeow is too funny!! Glad you did not get murdered because then that would be bad!! haha!! hope she settles down
ReplyDeleteTwo out of five bullet points were about cats (or cat, as it were). So, I guess technically, your blog tagline remains accurate.
ReplyDeleteStill feels like a lot of cat talk, though. ;-)
Love the murder text to the murderers! Hahah! I got shit for taking my "mean" cat to the groomers too. Like 3% of all cats like to be bathed. If this is your job of choice, (I'm stealing your words here) toughen up!!! People are stupid.
ReplyDeleteNolan was reading over my shoulder and asked, "What is B (our cat that died last November) doing in that box? Why is B on the fridge?" I said, "That’s a girl cat named JMeoww." He said, "I think we can call ours BMeoww."
...when he comes back from his "rainforest vacation". Poor guy. We need a new one.
I love the massive-eyed stare of a black kitty...you can't see their mouth or nose for all the black-on-black, so their sole remaining facial feature becomes ludicrously overexpressive. She's beaming distress-rays at an almost palpable level! I love the JMEOWW entries -- beginning my path to being a crazy cat-lady, I guess.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! You did it! Yay! So happy for you guys. Where the heck are you living now?
ReplyDeleteI cried when I remembered you're a cat lady.
ReplyDeletehah. J looks very pissed off in all of these pictures.
ReplyDeleteYOU'RE BACK! I was crying with out my J stories, and she did not disappoint.
ReplyDeleteMiss Meoww, we really need to be nicer to the groomers. Fleas are no fun. Attack the potential couch buying murderers instead. And I'm sorry Tiffany took your box spring away, that was pretty mean. Hopefully you'll find a replacement spot...
Fresca lived in a box spring too when we moved. We called it Narnia. She would make noises at night in there I wanted to kill her. Now she's still under the bed a lot but not in the actual box spring. You need to get JMeowz (that's what she prefers to be called) a friend. An orange devil friend.
ReplyDeleteThese are literally the best stories ever. I can't get over the boxspring. It's too funny. Noel hid from the world in her litter box when we got her.
ReplyDeleteI'm terrified of craigslist people. I make James do everything, and then I stay inside and cry over his imminent death.
Congratulations!!! I love reading about JMEOWW's adventures :) Best of luck in your new home!!
ReplyDeleteMy worst fears involve sending the "wrong" text to the "wrong" person. Yours is Epic!!
ReplyDeleteLOL fear of strangers. That's exactly why we are friends!
ReplyDeleteHow is it with the roomie? :)
Loving it much better than the last place?