#1 Shminterest.
Okay, I get pinterest. I use pinterest. I love it. But dear god, I feel like it is just encouraging people to be more obnoxious than they already are in every other social media outlet. It is perpetuating ignorant humor. And the spelling and grammar, don't even get me started. Yourecards ruined humor, forever. Someecards were pure brilliance, but once we let people with the sense of humor of my 90-year old grandma make their own, shit started falling apart. And that baby polar bear that everyone keeps repinning? IT IS FAKE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Get off pinterest for 5 fucking minutes and read a book. Maybe one of the 75 books that you've pinned quotes from. Try those.
| But really? Are they? |
| It can't be funny with a blatant typo. I CAN'T LAUGH. |
Stephanie already covered this a wee bit. Yes, election season makes us all crazy. Thankfully, it is almost over. And luckily, we only have to endure it every four years. And by "endure it" I mean "endure the ignorant and obnoxious assholes that election season brings out." Really ladies, take some fucking pride in living in a country in which you GET to vote and have your voice heard. It is not cute to make jokes about how much you don't know about politics. We all have different levels of knowledge and interest in politics and that is fine. On a scale of 1 to Rachel Maddow, I'm like a 4 when it comes to political knowledge. It's not even the opposite team players that are pissing me off this year. It is the ladies of voting age all over the blogosphere, and twitter, and facebook mocking the election and proudly acknowledging that they don't get it OMG LOL. And if perhaps you do reap some benefits from the government and its associated programs on any level, you should be the first person in line to vote. I'm embarrassed for you. I'm ashamed of you. And I'm afraid for your future children. Get it together, ladies.
Whoa. I feel better already.
Nice rant!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for the election to be over with. So many idiots filling up my needs feed and Twitter feed. What was election time like before social media? I don't even know...
BEST RANT!! I have officially avoided pintrest. Never had my own page. It worries me when I know too much about people, and having to see six thousand ideas for your 'future wedding' or your 'fitness tips' makes me want to barf all over you your PIN BOARDS.
ReplyDeleteand PREACHHHHhhhHH about the crazies and ignoramuses that election season brings out. When I scroll through my FB and Twitter feeds and see all the racist/sexist/idiotic GARBAGE people throw out there, it makes me wish I had a superpower that would allow me to revoke their right to vote. And to free speech.
Yes! I am rarely on pinterest...it was way too much of a time waster for me. I gave it up for Lent and it broke my addiction. Ah and yes politics...I usually do not know much. But I educated myself this time around bc it is very important. Can't wait til it's over!!
ReplyDeleteRANTING FTW. I agree with everything you just said. I don't get on pinterest much anymore. I really just use it as a place to store recipes I find. I'm so very interesting. And the politics thing? Yes. Just... yes.
ReplyDeleteI feel better too.
ReplyDeleteI get on Pinterest mainly for the humor section and holy crap. The e-cards are taking over the place. And they suck. Especially the "said no one ever" ones. I just want to see funny pictures of cats. Is that too much to ask?
Also, I feel like this election has been the worst one for me BECAUSE of the social media. I can't even get on Facebook any more without becoming enraged.
I love Pinterest I admit it but I use it for all types of stuff. But politics ... After one debate of 5 minutes.. I was disgusted. I am glad you feel better. Ridding your mind of stuff is like taking a dump.
ReplyDeleteI stopped with pinterest for like 2 whole months...thanks to grad school, but now it's time to get my christmas wish list up and i have blinders on when i'm on it...but i agree too many e-cards. And I have always been proud to vote and I am like you on your political knowledge scale, but I do have opinions especially because some of the measures and proposed laws affect my job and students!! Great rant!!
ReplyDeletepinterest and i used to be friends. and then i started to hate it because everything i was pinning was the same thing being pinned 600 times. my fault, don't pin while drinking wine.
ReplyDeleteand the politics thing? the hide button. its my best friend.
Best rant.. I'm ranting today too and the election is at the top of my list! People are rude and thank god the debates are over so I can stop seeing "Omg his american flag pin is like way bigger.. he should win!" STFU.
ReplyDeleteGod, I love you! This rant was MUCHO needed. Can't wait for the election to be OVER so everyone can shut their pie holes...and yes, go read a book...maybe Gone Girl since it started getting REALLY good last night! ;)
ReplyDeleteAmen. I'm actually never on Pinterest except to pin stuff I find elsewhere. I can't remember when I last browsed or searched. And a HELL YA on the election stuff. Women in particular are pissing me off!!! Most of them wouldn't vote the way they are if they understood any of it.
ReplyDeleteAround here I get called a Grammar Nazi when I can't laugh at a joke with glaring errors in it. In the protective bubble of the blogosphere, I feel vindicated. Oh thank goodness, other people also fail to lol at idiocy; thank you.
ReplyDeleteThese days, I only go on Pinterest to look at Doctor Who pins that only fans of Doctor Who understand...also, Pinterest agrees with me that Loki is the sexiest character in The Avengers.
ReplyDeleteOh I adore you. Did you see that pin of a baby crying in fear when her mother held an Obama mask in front of her? I find it disgusting when people teach their kids to hate and be afraid of other people. And since when did all these bloggers become political experts? So sick of it!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got this off your chest.
ReplyDeleteListen some ecards are brilliant, they are. Like the "my friend told me I was delusional, I nearly fell off my unicorn." It was my screensaver for a year. A YEAR. But you're right. you are. and like as I type this I am very aware of my grammar. oh laws.
I AGREE SO MUCH. I was ALL about the someecards, but the majority of them are just painful to read now. And the same joke told OVER AND OVER in different ways. And GOD BLESS AMERICA, THE TYPOS. It's too much for me to handle.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap I went caps lock happy there.
Anyway, I can't believe people brag about their lack of political knowledge. It's not cute or funny. It's sad.
Have you seen this? http://www.hulu.com/watch/404175#i0,p88,d1
ReplyDeleteAlthough I'm grateful for my right to vote but I'm happy it's over. I think I heard the ad for prop 37 like a billion times. Vote yes, vote no! I can effing read! Leave me alone! I'll read the prop and decide, I don't need an actor telling me what I need to vote for...And as I type this hulu is taunting me by running a prop 37 ad. NO JOKE!
BTW the link I put up is not a ad for prop 37, although it might be the commercial they use, it's following me.
ReplyDelete