Monday, November 26, 2012

More Like Cyber FUNday!

This is really hard for me, but I took a break from Christmas shopping to write this. For you.

Did you know that cyber Monday starts at 12 p.m. EST? So I'm getting my cyber Monday discounts already  (Sunday night...) and rejoicing. Can't. Stop. Shopping.

Ahem. So Thanksgiving happened. Which means we cleaned, stuffed and cooked our first turkey. Although this was supposed to be mostly a team effort, Justin had the patience of the Incredible Hulk when trying to de-gross said turkey. So I stepped in. And nearly died. Do you know how far they stuff that neck up the turkey's ass? Which is in fact NOT a turkey penis. It is the neck. Hey, turkey manufacturers, NO ONE USES IT ANYMORE. So please, stop shoving necks up turkey asses. For all of us.


Once I recovered from the de-necking, Thanksgiving was quite enjoyable. We survived our first major holiday together! Naturally.

Black Friday was spent entirely indoors. As it should. We watched Lost and my new favorite show ever, Arrested Development. And we played Trivial Pursuit with shots of whiskey. Naturally. And then Justin & JMEOWW played with a post-it note for the best 20-minutes of my life. Those two, I swear. They were made for each other.

And Sunday we saw Lincoln which I would like to rename Daniel Day Lewis is the Greatest Man Alive. Seriously though, name me a better actor than him and I will send you a prize. And Tommy Lee Jones? Hell yes. I am not a history fan in the least but this movie is stellar. Someone asked me why I was so excited to see it and I had no good response. Besides of course, Mister Day Lewis. Had he not been in it, I probably would not have been so damn excited. But it is an amazing film full of talent. And also a little Joseph Gordon-Levitt. What more could you ask for?

I can't even handle this man.
Now if you'll excuse me, I haven't purchased the entire internet yet...

18 comments:

  1. That picture of you was my favorite Turkey Day Instagram-- by a long shot. And I'm debating seeing Lincoln... but that would require me leaving the house. Maybe I'll just wait for it to be on demand......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture!! Love it! I'm busy spending too much money too. And I really want to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your first major Holiday together!!! I am also so excited to see Lincoln and I feel the same way, I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never degrossify a turkey. I can do a lot of things, but that is not one of them. I'm impressed.

    I'm supposed to be making phone calls, but I've been buying all the discounted things. It would be the best day of the year if it wasn't Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just woke up about twenty minutes ago (it's like 6 am over here) freaking out because I forgot it was cyber Monday. time to go empty my bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my favorite picture of you. I may have shown like ten of my family members it because I was laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God I don't cook. Seriously a neck in the turkey? Is it's head still attached? That's some sick, twisted shit!

    I haven't seen any good Cyber Monday deals :( I guess it's for the best since I am broke. I did do shopping Friday after the crazy shoppers had returned home to their beds.

    I want to see Lincoln!! I heard that there were some factual things wrong, or at least our FLAG was the wrong flag. C'mon people lol. I still want to see it though :)

    Thanks for linking up LP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best photo of you ever. I approve. Christmas card.
    Does it make you sad that the Meoww (clearly) prefers J over you? Hawkeye prefers Pete, I still get so mad over it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaah...actually my parents use the neck in my dad's yummy stuffing...it sounds gross but oh so good!! And great question from Stephanie above....does it make you mad? I get jealous when the bigger cat, Kors, perfers Matt over me. I have no time to do cyber monday yet...sooo hopefully you leave soem stuff for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want to know that why do they put some of the turkey parts up the butt, there is plenty of room in the cavity, can you please just spare me from going up the butt to get some more turkey parts

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and turkey had sex. You know that don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always attempt to go black Friday shopping and then end up buying nothing because I can't take the crowds. I should take your advice next year and just stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, WHY do they do that to a turkey???! WHY.

    Girl, saw Lincoln last weekend too and it WAS stellar. No bells and whistles, just great acting and an interesting story. Loved it. And I had NO IDEA who the actor was that played Lincoln. Still don't.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went nuts yesterday! Major, major damage. But I'm almost done. Oh, wait. I haven't bought anything for Jacob yet. Oops! Your Black Friday sounds perfect. We just chilled too. All weekend, really. It was nice! And I cannot wait to see Lincoln! Hopefully this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i hope you purchased me something so damn fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is exactly why I don't cook or touch raw meat. I dry heaved on halloween when I had to handle a raw pork butt. I will second the notion that the mfg's can just toss the neck and gross shit. nasty.

    I love post-its :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, you convinced me! Looks like I'm going to have to see Lincoln now ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. That IG pic killed me!!! That face, that turkey, that nastiness!!! You are a good woman!!! And I spent Black Friday indoors too...I can't handle the craziness!!! And I so want to see Lincoln....

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...