Wednesday, May 8, 2013

eight.

A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.




I've definitely touched on this one before, but let's elaborate, yea? 

LIGHTEN UP.

Take silly pictures. Laugh a little too loud. Dance in the grocery store. Sing the wrong words. Mismatch your clothes a little. Wear bright lipstick. Don't wear makeup at all. Wear sunglasses at night. 

Just stop caring too much. Because people aren't going to remember that one picture you are tagged in on facebook where you are making the face where you look like a donkey. They aren't going to remember if your earrings matched your necklace which matched your dress. They won't remember if one curl was out of place. Shit, most of the people you encounter are strangers anyways. So who cares?

They are going to remember that you were a good time. That you were genuine. That you weren't afraid to relax and be yourself. That you were a better person because you did not carry insecurities and burdens with you through life. 

Take a deep breath and relax. This is supposed to be fun, remember?

18 comments:

  1. live it up! i love this, so true and so positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT. and its so true, but hard to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGHHH. I need to lighten up.

    ALSO.

    Your couch comes today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS.. our posts are on the same wavelength today. You rule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. story of my life. though none of it is because I'm trying to lighten up. Most of the time I am not aware of my mismatches or my curls that are sticking straight up. haha but you are right. I'm not trying to make an impression that says, "She must have really put a lot of time and money into her look." because I'm a cheapy and I rely heavily on my personality. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have perfect advice.
    I'll never stray from that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome advice. It's always a drag to hang out with someone who takes themselves too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't have said it better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep...have to remember this and also "just keep swimming"!! except it's hard to "lighten up" at work when all I want to do is get thru my freakin lesson plan so my kids can learn something!! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel like we're both super good at this. you might never, ever catch me taking life too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes yes one thousand times yes. I am good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect! I totally agree and try to do this every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! This is my ultimate goal....to live life and have a FREAKING good time....make the most of silly moments and have fun....make lemonade, people!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THAT DONKEY FACE REFERENCE. to be honest, i stopped reading there because i can't control myself. what does a donkey face even look like?
    DYING.

    ReplyDelete
  15. seriously. this is some of the ugliest laughter i have ever heard come out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...