First reaction? That is not A term...it is a phrase.
Thursday, May 30, 2013
my favorite everydayinmay so far
Day 30 - React to this term: Letting go.
First reaction? That is not A term...it is a phrase.

"Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering, then let go." - Elizabeth Gilbert
That quote above changed my life. Useless suffering. Feeling sorry for myself and my broken heart. All of the tears. All of the sleepless nights and the drunk nights and the "why me" nights. Useless suffering. It changed nothing and it did not save me.
What saved me was letting go.
Letting go allowed me to grieve and allowed me to move on. It allowed me to be free of the weight of a broken heart and allowed me to heal. It allowed me to open my heart to love again.
Letting go changed my life.
First reaction? That is not A term...it is a phrase.
Labels:
every day in may,
relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Remember when I quoted Eat, Pray, Love too? :)
ReplyDeleteYou are one brave woman. Oh, and you're pretty cool, too.
This holds hands with my favorite line from Ordinary People - Don't think so much, just be.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. How are you so wise, Tiff Gee?
ReplyDeleteBe my spirit guide.
Letting Go saved my life, too.
ReplyDeleteI let go of 5 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee a day. Baby steps into this love crap.
ReplyDeleteOh sugar spice. This was actually beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI agree - phrase, not a term.
XOXOXXOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Samm
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com
Oh Letting Go is just so hard you know. I certainly try though. And you're right, it is super freeing.
ReplyDeleteI want to second everything Kelsey said. You are so wise.
ReplyDeleteletting go is changing my life right now.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture. that's so beautiful. Pinterest rocks. :)
Ha! I'm def not good at this. I avoid and hold things in. So healthy.
ReplyDeleteYeah, sometimes I'm good at this, sometimes I'm not. I'm one those people who has to go thru steps, grieve and maybe even burn stuff. Great inspiration to do it, Tiff.
ReplyDelete