My favorite local bar calls it a "Donkey." A double is called a "Donkey Punch." It's also referred to as a "Kentucky Mule" and a "Buck." I like to call it my lover. This variation of the classic Moscow Mule is made with whiskey instead of vodka, which is so much less ladylike which is so much more me.
But this has been one of THOSE WEEKS in which alcohol was a strict requirement for survival. I won't bore you with the details of my trials and tribulations (even though I know you care so much and you would reach out and give me an internet hug). This week completely ruined our attempt at a Sober Week. Sober Week lasted, well not even one day. My stress level reached obnoxious levels and I couldn't even blog straight. I hope to get back to normal programming next week.
Cheers to the weekend, bitches!

I will NOT drink your nasty whiskey...unless it's Fireball ;) But I do want to try a Moscow Mule because I've never had one. Maybe I should knock on my neighbors' door and ask for some lol.
ReplyDeleteSorry your week has bee stressful :( This week sucks! Here's to lots of drinking in two weeks!!
I am loving the pattern within the pattern on the shirt! Super cute!
ReplyDeleteRachel
www.lalalists.com
great outfit! i love that top with the sequin element and that maxi skirt is gorgeous with the different color underneath the top layer, love it
ReplyDeleteGirl, there is never a sober week in my house! Momma needs her juice! Don't beat yourself up! And that top, yes please?!? happy weekend...hope things get better!!
ReplyDeletexo,
Shanna
Way cute...I need that skirt!
ReplyDeleteYou know how I feel about the mules. But I cannot drink whiskey after an unfortunate incident with a bottle of Jack in college.
ReplyDeleteI love that your dress is inspired by a drink! PLUS your outfit is super cute! I love that skirt!
ReplyDeletehave you had urbn's moscow mule? its the best ive ever had!
ReplyDeleteim sorry it was a rough week :( I love this look but usually dont go for whiskey! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Happy Friday :)
ReplyDeleteI have NO idea, but I LOVE your inspiration and the outfit!
ReplyDeleteMoscow Mules are my FAVORITE! Have you had them at Starlite? I like whiskey too, but an internal infection landed me in the hospital for a week and also made my stomach much more sensitive, so I have to stick to vodka (for now). One day I will have to try a Donkey Punch, cause if it's not a double it doesn't deserve to be drank. Have a GREAT weekend!
ReplyDeleteAww sorry your week was stressful! Drinking always helps and an outfit like your is great therapy :)
ReplyDeleteI definitely have not tried that drink, but I do love how you used it to style this outfit because it's ADORABLE! Love the maxi skirt and the top!
ReplyDeletehttp://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com
I've never tried that drink but I am a Crown Royal kinda girl! :) Love the shades!
ReplyDeleteI would take that drink with whiskey over vodka any day! Love that top!
ReplyDeleteYum! I love anything with lime. I think you'd look fabulous in the outfit.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing look, that tank and sandals are so much fun! Sorry to hear about your shit week, mine was right there with you and I imbibed in a few last week too. Here's to a better week!
ReplyDeleteMy drinking has definitely surpassed the norm this summer, not sure why! Don't know that I could hang with the whiskey, but cheers to you! Hope your week is off to a good start! New follower for you~hope you will stop over for a return visit! Angie
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of theming an outfit around a drink! I've only heard of it called a Moscow Mule. It's my sister's favorite drink and as a strict vodka drinker I can say that I didn't hate it. I don’t think I’d have another one though. Haha!
ReplyDelete