Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Music: Robyn

Let me save you some time: If you don't like pop music of any kind, you may leave. I know, it's not for everyone and I accept your choices. That said, let's talk about one of my favorite pop singers of all time, Robyn! If you haven't heard of her, you must have skipped 1997. She had one of the best songs on the charts at that time and my god if writing that doesn't make me feel old. I was 14 when I first started listening to Robyn. And then in 2010 I rediscovered her and was like holy shit I have been missing SO MUCH.

This Swedish singer is wacky to the max and I love every bit of it. Her hair, her wardrobe. All of it. I love it. My favorite part of all she does, besides her singing of course, is her dancing. I can't even use words to describe it so I will provide exhibit A for evidence:


I may or may not have attempted this routine at some point. How could you not? (Side note: THAT SONG. Let's just say I listened to it on repeat for the better part of 6 months. And while we're on that topic, the acoustic version of Hang with Me will steal your soul. And now I've officially spiraled.)

Because I love you, I'm going to share with you one of the greatest things to ever happen, in which I fell deeply in love with Taran Killam of SNL fame:


Life, changed...am I right? I know I can be snotty about my musical choices, I'm the first to admit that. And obviously this is a little off. But sometimes I just want to get weird and dance, and I think Robyn exists just for that reason.

Must listen to tracks: Call your Girlfriend, Indestructible, Dancing on my Own, Get Myself Together and any acoustic version of any song of hers. So, so lovely.

Get weird. Dance. You know you want to.

8 comments:

  1. Love Robyn. They still play her songs at the bars around here, on a semi-regular basis. At least twice a month I hear it. You're jealous, I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be obsessed with my Robyn is here CD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard any of her newer songs, but I TOTALLY had her CD back in the day. I definitely did not skip '97. I loved Robyn. I guess I need to check out her new stuff as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Robyn! Do you watch Girls on HBO? There is a scene where the main character dances to Robyn and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been listening to Robyn for a few years too. She’s awesome and so frickin weird. Aaaand I’m in love with Taran as well. http://cpoplife.blogspot.com/2012/01/man-candy-monday-taran-killam.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I found you through "whispering Sweet nothings" coast to coast.. I also live in San Diego. I still have a "Robyn" cd actually! I used to love her too, i bring out the 90's music every once in a while. LOL. Glad I ran across your blog, I needed the song in my head. :)
    Amy @ http://bensgirl10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freakin' love Robyn! I used to work at Loft and they'd play her songs all the time and I would sing. In the store. In front of customers. Not a problem

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...