Ladies. Allow me to talk about feminine bits for a minute here. Is there nothing worse than having to go to the store just to buy tampons? I know I'm not alone in this. Because when you realize you are in need, you have 4 choices. You can go to the corner liquor store. OR NOT. Why would you ever do that? They sell a 3 pack that is marked up 75% and it smells in there. Please don't do that. You can go to a drug store like CVS or Walgreens. But again, the markup is ridiculous and the only people that actually go to these places are senior citizens and they only go there for the free blood pressure machine. You can go to the grocery store, but who wants to buy feminine hygiene products from the same place you buy items that will go in your mouth? Or you can go to Target. Which I mean, come on. Do you really want to pay $120 for tampons? You know you will.
So when I forget to buy these very important products during one of my big Target stock-ups every other month, I then later find myself in the above situation and completely panicked. I choose to not go with ANY of those choices. I choose to scavenge.
That's right. Think about it. How many places do you keep tampons? I always find some that have fallen out of the box floating around the bathroom cupboard. Then there is the few in the bathroom drawer. Oh, and my purse! And then my backup purses. And probably my weekend travel bag. My car. My desk. Your desk. Just kidding.
Then I get all weird about it and make it a challenge. I will find EVERY PLACE that I have stashed tampons to challenge myself not to go to the store. This morning I found some in the bathroom drawer and totally cheered for myself. Yessssssss. It sure as shit looks like I won't be walking to the liquor store this week for tampons. Nope. Just for beer. I totally won this month.
You can probably find the pantyliner Jenn put in my box of tea if you need that...
ReplyDeleteThese are great tips in case this ever happens to me..which I hope not because i like to overstock and always think i don't have any so i need to buy some when i go to Target. Literally crying from laughing!!
ReplyDeleteCostco. Seriously. Cheap AND they come in huge packs. I only go through like 4 boxes a year from there!
ReplyDeleteI scavenge too!! I recently stumbled upon an old zebra print bag that I carried lady products in through high school/college, and it saved me from traipsing through North Park in the middle of the night - WIN.
ReplyDeleteHaha this is hilarious! Up here in Canada, you definitely can't buy tampons at the liquor store!!
ReplyDeleteI have no tamps that match. Like some are generic, some are playtex, some are some kind of skinny shit. I don't really care as long as it works.
ReplyDeleteTrue!!! Never ever go to a liquor store, and never ever buy them outside on a good-looking "stand" that might have been a food stand at once but now sells Tampons. I have plenty and always stack up. Can't help it. But if I fail to do so, you can bet on it that I am looking like a frantic little baby piggy until I find them all over the house!!!
ReplyDelete