Sunday, July 22, 2012

A three-hour tour...

I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe that this weekend is over. Forgive me if I sound a little grouchy. I haven't gotten this much sun since 2003. Two days in a row in the sun? I'm a goner.

Saturday we celebrated Justin's best friend's birthday (also Justin, for those of you playing at home) by riding around in a boat on the bay, drinking beer, and stopping at bars to drink beer. It was incredible. It was a beautiful and breezy San Diego day spent with hilariously enjoyable company. I'd love to tell you more, but I don't remember many details.

The winningest shirt ever.
The winningest boyfriend ever.



Saturday night, bestfriend cousin arrived with tiny cousin godchild Riley. Jmeoww was thrilled to have the company of a tiny human and expressed her happiness by hissing. Every 3 minutes. She is such a pleasant creature. She also jumped out of the window onto the bed to stare down Mandy, just in case we forgot who was really in charge. By morning, this is what poor little Riley felt she had to do to protect herself. We really need to work on being nice to company...


While Mandy was at a bridal shower, Riley & I went to the zoo where we met up with my sister, my niece and my nephew. I hadn't seen any of these little monsters in nearly a month and I was dying to see them! While the zoo seemed like a good idea, it in fact was not.

These little things make my heart infinitely happy.

Besides the fact that it was one-million degrees outside, the World Famous San Diego Zoo also happens to be the most confusing place on the planet. It was also built on a very hilly terrain. So as you are trying to figure out how to find the damn hippos even though the sign is telling you to go six different directions, you have to choose to fly down a very steep hill or truck up the opposite direction. All in the middle of a jungle setting. With birds. They even FORCE you to go through an aviary at one point. Filled with giant, disgusting birds flying at your head. It's a little frustrating. And by frustrating I mean awful. And because we were situated at the center of the sun, the animals were smart enough to stay in the shade out of our view. Bold move, animals.

Needless to say, it wasn't the best idea to go to the zoo in the middle of summer. However the kids had a great time, and I got to have some love time with all of my babies. And that's all that really matters.


Linking up with Join the Gossip, Sami's Shenanigans, & five30three for Weekend Update!

14 comments:

  1. Wait, a boat with booze that stops so you can get more booze at bars? Can we please do this for your 30th birthday? We can wear parkas if it's too cold!

    OMG that's going to be me hiding from your cat in a few weeks. I know I joke about it, but I am legit scared of cats! I am going to have a panic attack and you're going to have to protect me each night lol!

    Last time I went to the zoo I had to observe the gorillas for a class...for 8 hours...in the rain...it was delightful. We didn't get to see anything else but now it sounds like maybe that was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. Except for birds. Those things scare the bejesus out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really think the boat with booze is an amazing idea. Haha. Oh, and I can't stand flying objects around me...including birds. I think I'm still traumatized from when I was four. Though your weekend, sans the birds, sounds like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so jealous of your sun-filled weekend! sounds like you had an absolute blast. unfortunately i was stuck at work :/ & your seashell top is adorable & made my giggle!

    happy monday!
    xxA
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH the san diego zoo. OH. my calves burn at the thought.

    the key is to take the gondola UP and walk everything back down. i have learned. the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cruising around on a boat, drinking beer with friends? Sounds PERFECT to me!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I love going to the zoo! Looks like a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thought of trapsing anywhere in the heat is not a good idea to me. I like living like an Eskimo in my house

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg. That bird thing sounds like a complete nightmare. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need those zebra leggings. They are fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun weekend! That booze cruise sounds awesome and I love your shirt. I do not appreciate that the zoo makes you walk through an aviary though. I HATE birds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This booze cruise situation sounds like an activity that would be right up my alley. Amazing. And I'd be hiding like Mandy if JMeoww was hissing at me too. Cats scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm totally obsessed with your shirt! hilarious!

    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your shirt...but, I also love those shorts in the second-to-last photo. So, I might be disqualified from compliments.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...