Justin's birthday was technically Thursday but as he found out, in my world birthdays last a week. Because when my special day comes along, we celebrate like it's Hanukkah. But with more than eight candles, obviously.
 |
Happiness is VIP parking for Volvos. Not only are we elite,
but also the safest drivers on the road mofos. |
So Saturday we went to Legoland. Now why would two grown-ass adults choose to go to a place that is clearly designed for children? Because I had free tickets. Because folks, my loving lovable boyfriend is a geek that enjoys all sorts of geekery including LEGO and Star Wars. It's okay, he knows. And, not to be outgeeked, Legoland features a SeaLife Aquarium which I was totally pumped to visit because they have a new CLAWS exhibit of freakish crabs that I peed my pants over. There was geekery for both of us.
 |
| Japanese spider crabs. AKA BIG ASS CRABS. |
 |
| This is the bad guy, right? |
We spent most of our time in Star Wars miniland where Justin reverted back to, well every day of his life because it's a joy that has never gone away. I asked a million questions that I would probably know the answers to had I actually watched the movies instead of falling asleep. I also tried my hardest not to laugh too loud at the little kids that were geeking out at the same level that my beloved boyfriend was. It was definitely one of those relationship moments where you realize, this is now my life. And it was awesome.
We also spent a significant amount of time in the biggest gift store which Justin kept apologizing for but, hello. SHOPPING. Not a problem! They sell mini-figures in a surprise package so you don't know which one you are getting and because I'm a sucker for those types of things, we bought two of them. I ALWAYS end up with the dumbest option and get super pissed and vow never to buy a stupid grab bag item again. This time, however, Justin got the one that he wanted and I ended up with a bride. A BRIDE. I get it, Legoland.

It wouldn't be a proper birthday celebration without beer, beer, and more beer so we stopped in The Lost Abbey on the way home (Inspired Beer for Saint & Sinners Alike. It's like it was made for us.) Unknown to us, The Lost Abbey was having it's annual Christmas in July celebration. Meaning, SANTA! Meaning we had to pay to get in, but we were still able to enjoy some amazing brews and of course choose a couple to take home. Which of course, I am drinking right now and blogging in between Star Wars episodes IV-VI. Or as Justins calls it calls it, The Best Birthday Ever.
 |
I call this, "The Drunken Elf."
Attractive, I know. |
 |
| Two of the best beers I've ever tasted. |
Love the way you think, woman.. birthdays definitely last a week (at LEAST) around here too! Looks like fun! xo
ReplyDeletehttp://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/
birthday can even last a month! haha :] looks like you had a blast. love me some good brews! those look great.
ReplyDeletexxA
www.letitbebeautiful.com
You are a saint of a girlfriend! Looks like you made it the best weekend ever for him!
ReplyDeleteive ALWAYSSSS wanted to go to legoland.
ReplyDeleteThat's enough geekery to last you a while, my friend. Love that your post references both Hannukah and Christmas!
ReplyDeleteOoooh that beer looks DELISH. I want one right now. It is 9 AM. Oops.
ReplyDeleteOmgosh you are such a great girlfriend! The last time I went to Legoland was when I was in 5th grade but I went in England. Pretty cool! I love that you a bride lego person that is hysterical! Thanks for linking up :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good birthday celebration! Cute blog, I'm now following.
ReplyDeletehttp://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com
I am one damn lucky geek. Thanks for an amazing weekend, my love. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun birthday celebration!
ReplyDeleteAw sounds like a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteThere are many a species that take there Star wars shit very seriously. I have a friend who is 37 and asked for a yoda doll for bday. I had to really think about whether to continue our years of friendship
ReplyDeleteFun weekend! Those crabs are insane! I want to see!!! A bride? Hahahah! I get the worst luck with surprise bags too. So funny.
ReplyDelete"It was definitely one of those relationship moments where you realize, this is now my life. And it was awesome."
ReplyDeleteHappy for you, Cusband...gotta meet this guy.
So that means we're going to party all August?! ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a day full of (nerdy) fun!!! I don't get Star Wars either.
Loving the hammered picture of you!!
Thanks for linking up with us :)