- The vows. They wrote their own. I've never been to a wedding in which this has happened and it was so special. I could never get through reading my own vows without turning into a slobbering mess.
- The music: The groom is a musician and song choices were spot on. Meaning, torture for me. The mother/son dance was to "Baby Mine" from Dumbo which is the number one reason why I am 29 years old and cry when I watch Dumbo. Later in the night, the groom's parents and sister sang "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz. Yes, they sang. So much talent in one family. And the topper was when Mireya's sister sang "The Wedding Song" by Angus & Julia Stone. I completely lost my shit. Good thing Justin doesn't embarrass easily and this was later in the night because I could not stop the tears. You MUST listen to this song right now:
I'll give you a moment to collect yourself....Pretty major, right? When we got home and I was changing for bed, I found not one but two tissues stuffed down my bra (I was keeping them close at hand for these moments, not for enhancement!). I forgot they were even there.
It was an incredibly special day that allowed us to make some great new friends and reflect even more on our relationship. Which is pretty badass.

When my friend got married last summer, as soon as they opened the doors for her to walk down the aisle I started sobbing. I didn't stop the entire time. I'm getting all teary just THINKING about it right now. I need to stop being such a girl.
ReplyDeleteah i LOVE weddings!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun! And look at you with your blogger bun. You're loving it aren't you?! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up LP!
Love the bun. And thanks for giving us a chance to collect ourselves after the song! Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI am such a sap too! Once that first tear comes out...there is no stopping me....I can only imagine what I would have been like at the wedding...it sounds like is was straight up magical! ;) Loving the hair, lady!
ReplyDeleteShanna
I've never cried at a wedding.
ReplyDeleteever.
mostly because I hate them.
that's all.
however, i cry over everything else in life. so bond we just did.
Omg I feel you sister! I cry at everything and when my best friend got married last summer I was a mess. I watched her get ready and saw the dress but when she walked down the aisle to "Over the Rainbow" I was a blubbering mess! Also, love the collage at the bottom of you and the boy. Very cute! Thanks for linking up :)
ReplyDeleteI cry at everything too. I cried when my friend walked down the aisle at her wedding!! Weird thing is, I didn't cry at my own wedding... lol
ReplyDeleteI was never a crier until I had my son. Now I cry at everything. Everything. The milk expired? waaaaa waaaa. We're out of paper towels? Oh my gosh, I'm such a bad stay at home mother? How could i let this happen? waaa waaaa.
ReplyDeleteThat song is so sweet. And yes, it made me teary thinking about me and my hubby. I didn't cry at our wedding, but I cry now thinking about it!
Thanks for linking up. Oh...and that button of yours that I'm just now noticing...that's some scary shit!!!
You looked beautiful! The song... tears. No fair. I cry at everything... I'm an emotional basket case... true story. I could never say my own vows. Repeating after the priest was hard enough. AND... don't get me started on maid/matron of honor speeches that I have to say. I had ta 30 second speech at my best friend's bridal shower and barely got through the first 12 seconds.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that video. And for sharing that you too, cry at weddings. I always feel like the weird one. Waterworks city on my face.
ReplyDeleteAww sounds like a beautiful occasion :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous you are! And the toilet paper would have made my boobs enhanced.
ReplyDeleteI think you already know how much of a crier I am. I have three versions of Baby Mine and totally forgot about that song until just now! And I just downloaded The Wedding Song. Great stuff. You two look so cute!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE you in the bun with the side swoop bangs. LOVE. I'm a crier too, I so know what you mean. When I go buy a card for someone, I pick the one that made me cry. No joke. Holy Cow! (I'm commenting as I read the blog post) BABY MINE? I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the bunch. I swear I started tearing up as I pressed play just because there was a suggestion I was going to cry. I'm sure people are already pressuring you and Justin to get married and just for the record, I'm on that bandwagon. You two are adorable.
ReplyDelete