Friday, May 3, 2013

Too much about me...but for us.

If one of your favorite people in the world challenges you to do something that can only better yourself, you should probably do it. Especially if it gives you the opportunity to learn so much more about your friends, and if it challenges you to push your normal writing boundaries. Learning. Feelings. Writing. That is what blogland should be about. And also cats.

Because of this, I am going to try my best to participate in this...



Will I hit every day? Probably not. I mean I already missed two days and will be making up for it. Will it annoy the hell out of you? Most likely. I don't mind if you don't want to read more about me. Because, frankly, I don't even like writing about me that much. HENCE THE CHALLENGE.

Ahem. Without further hesitation...The May 1st challenge was "your life story in 250 or less." 

The Story Of Tiff Gee, as told by Tiff Gee.

My dad thought I was a boy when I was born. I was such a quiet child that my mom used to tell me to TALK LOUD LIKE THIS. I am my mother’s middle-birth so I consider myself a middle-child even though there are 4 of us. I was a really intelligent kid, “gifted” if you will. Also tall, lanky, and brace-faced. And really shy so people assumed I was a snob. Whatever. The town I grew up in was not necessarily small but lacked great career opportunities, unless you want to work at a dairy. Sorry if you work at a dairy. I moved to San Diego for college and lived alone in a studio on the back of someone’s property. It was weird and once I thought I was getting mugged and ran down the street. The nice man apologized for scaring me. I got a job at SeaWorld, my dream employer, when I was 19. Age 20 was the first time I thought I lost my mind. I asked my doctor for pills so that would never happen again. It still occasionally happens. My early to mid-twenties were wrapped in the relationship that I thought I was supposed to have, and by my late twenties I left said relationship because I wanted to. After two years of failed reconnections with exes, an inappropriate amount of alcohol, a feral cat adoption, and many, many tears things came together. I crashed a company Christmas party and smiled at Justin. And he smiled back.

254. Almost nailed it.

18 comments:

  1. Every time I read about you, we sound so much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WORK AT A DAIRY. wow, rude much?

    JK I'm lactose intolerant/dairy is my nemesis.

    The end about you and Justin... I CAN'T. DREAM TEAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre totally allowed the extra four words. because that last 'and he smiled back' was so freakin perfect. LOVE IT.

    also. people need to just back off the shy kids. i am/was/will always be a shy kid and people always automatically assume youre just being a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure Abby is part feral. Either she and J would be best friends or they would kill each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word feral when describing animals.

    My great grandma's name was Ferril and I just giggle when I hear it describing undomesticated animals. it's just funny.

    but I digress. love this life story. especially the last line. eep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. The +4 is allowable because the words were "And he smiled back." END SCENE.

    Sorry if you work at a dairy. That made me snort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you think you had a life before JMeoww. That's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you really just call me one of your favorite people?

    I just might have died, almost as much as I did when you said, "sorry if you work for a dairy..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does Abby need a lover? She can have Zero I'm about 5 seconds away from kicking him to the curb little jerk :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS glad you weren't being chased lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Keep doing this. I want to know more about you. That sounded creepy. Like the man who mugged you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, large chunk missing. Your extracurricular lover, LM the LP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm upset i wasn't mentioned.
    REMEMBER OUR FACEBOOK STATUS?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, the last 4 were important.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i got goosebumps at those last two sentences.
    goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! I love mini-life-stories. Although, I could never imagine you handling an udder, I'm glad you decided not to settle. It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Sorry if you work for a dairy." Hahah! This is a great bio. I had no idea you worked at SeaWorld since 19. That's awesome! And yay for that Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...