Wednesday, May 29, 2013

you're safe child, you are safe.

You know, a lot of these posts were challenging which I guess is the entire point of this month-long situation...but you wanna bring music into the mix? Shit. This is my nightmare.

Day 29 - 5 songs that speak to you or bring back memories.
SHIT. We all know I'm a chronic concert crier and habitual radio crier. Point being, I cry. And to avoid delving into the memories of each song, I am going to withhold specifics. Just know that music never leaves your heart, even if you want it to. What am I even talking about, you know that.

Bon Iver - Blood Bank




Birdy - Terrible Love (Originally by The National)




Stars - Your Ex-Lover is Dead





Active Child - Hanging On (Ellie Goulding also kills a version of this. Kills beautifully.)




DeVotchKa - How it Ends



And oh dear god, I can't stop. My favorite boys just made me all goose-bumpy. So here. Number 6, just for good luck.

Taking Back Sunday - My Blue Heaven




JUST KIDDING I FOUND ANOTHER ONE. This just became my favorite video on this post. So I hope you made it this far.

Taking Back Sunday - Everything Must Go


17 comments:

  1. dude. TBS.
    whenever i find one of their old cds i end up listening to it on repeat for next week just because all the songs immediately take me back to high school.
    i convinced my dad to drive me and my friend meghan three hours down to philadelphia, in order to drop us off in a sketchy part of the city so we could go to their concert. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Active Child = amazing. "Hanging On" is so unreal. I think if there were a god and he had a voice, it would sound like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know none of these songs! Well, besides Taking Back Sunday. Love that band.

    I will listen. And I will also listen to the Ellie Goulding version of that one song because I. love. her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know none of these. I will check them ALL out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birdy breaks my heart with her sweet little voice.

    This is my favorite day of the link up so far. So much good music is being thrown out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to disown me for never hearing any of these songs before?

    I'll be listening to them today, I PROMISE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basically I need to listen to all of these songs, except Birdy. I have her memorized. I actually had this song from her on my mix, but I decided against it, because I couldn't really relate to it.. i've never had a truly awful relationship, well.. dating relationship.

    Look at me just making this all about me, per the usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suck an know none of these. However, I can't ever think of/see Bon Iver without thinking of the SNL skit with Justin Timberlake and Maya Rudolph as Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND you love Taking Back Sunday!? Why aren't we BFFs yet?? <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE taking back sunday but I will have to download some of the others mentioned. knew I'd love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were not the 5 songs I was expecting from you...not ever. Random.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music is crazy powerful isn't it? I'm not a cryer when it comes to music, but I love that you are :) Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude...I've never heard of any of these except Taking Back Sunday and Bon Iver (whom I love). And of course Ellie Goulding. I want her hair, naturally.

    Definitely going to check these out though!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was scrolling through these thinking OH CRAP I don't know these people (except Bon Iver). but then DEVOTCHKA. Yes! I was all over that in college. And of course Taking Back Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your ex-lover is dead is literally one of my favorite songs of all time. we're soul mates, i knew that, but this just further confirms it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I love when music can make me cry. My well has been dry lately. Not because I'm happy or anything, maybe I need to lock myself in my closet and listen to all these songs for inspiration to cry. Crying is such great therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Ex-Lover is Dead is one of my favorites too! Also, I had no idea Ellie's Hanging On was a cover.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...