Monday, September 3, 2012

Wedding Whirlwind Part 4

You guys, guess what? We went to a wedding this weekend! Stop with the surprise. I get it. But yes, we did go to Wedding #4 of 5 for the summer. The end is in sight. I'm not sure my liver can handle another one.

This wedding was of a friend of my bestfriendcousin, Mandy, that I became friends with too. The couple, Angie & Travis, are two of the most genuinely sweet and happy people I've ever known. Seriously, so much smiling happened during the ceremony and it was adorable. No tears from me this time! That doesn't mean it wasn't lovely, it just means that I've been taking my meds properly.

We met up with my cousin and her husband before the wedding so that she could meet Justin. Yes, my bestfriendcousin had not yet met the man. So they had some bonding time over a few beers before we made our way to the wedding. I was especially glad to spend some time with her because she moved away from me earlier this year, so we don't get to spend much time together anymore. Which is quite unfortunate because when we get together, we do things like this:

As if the bronzed children weren't bad enough on their own.

One of my favorite parts of the night included our table company, Team Crossfit. Crossfit instructors and participants. Now we are not the most physically fit people you will meet. Again with the shocking statements. But after about 30 minutes the instructor had converted Justin to the darkside. Which he denied the next day. How quickly we forget.

So again, Sunday was recovery day and this time it took much longer for me to bounce back. Because I drank all the booze. Late Sunday morning when I woke up, Justin kindly commented on how I was snoring loudly all morning. False, I say. I don't snore, I say.

I thought you might say that, he says. Are you serious with that right now? Did you really video me snoring? Yes. He did. It amused the shit out of him. Luckily his blackberry from 1964 barely picked up any sound which means I was in fact NOT snoring. I was sleeping with my knees bent up though, which needs some further analysis. But point being, we amuse the shit out of each other. Which I am so fortunate for all of the time because who else would willingly attend 4 weddings in 8 weeks with a smile on their face and wear a shiny red cowboy hat? That guy right there.

"Anyone can be passionate. But it takes real
lovers to be silly." - Rose Franken


Linking up with the ladies of Weekend Update: Leeann, Sami & Dana.

14 comments:

  1. That first picture is priceless! It needs to be an ad or something! And I never heard you snore when we intimately shared a bed in NOLA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photobooth pic is too cute. I have recorded my hubby snoring too because he never believes me. One time I played it without telling him what it was and he was like "what the HELL is that?" Oh, that would be you, my dear betrothed. Rumbling like a train on a track.

    Looks like a fun weekend. Keep amusing one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture looks like EXACTLY something I would do. This is why we are friends. And that dress looks amazing on you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wedding attire! I can't believe he took a video of you! Too funny! Thanks for linking up love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. went to a wedding this weekend too, must have been a popular weekend for them! where was your wedding? he really videotaped you snoring?? ugh!! lets think of ways we can get back at him

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote!!! You definitely have a great guy to go to all those weddings. My husband would kill me. I love that photo with the bronze kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wedding...no way! I am shocked! ;) And those bronzed children are a bit scary...love how you find something funny everywhere you go. That last quote...yes, yes, indeed!!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love going to weddings! and i love that one of your tags for this post was "alcohol". you are my kind of lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and love it1 Super cute! xx.
    Meg

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute post!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first picture is so cute... glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See that last picture. I love blackmail pictures. Lol

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...