Thursday, September 20, 2012

Black is Beautiful.

So. Did you know it is "Adopt-a-Less-Adoptable Pet" week? Now just what does that mean?

Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week 2012

What. In. The. Hell.

Now, I realize that for many reasons my beloved animal is less desirable than other animals but I would've never thought it was because of her fur color!

Okay, wait. Let's go back in time. When I was adopting Le Meoww from her tiny little feral litter, I wanted the fuzzy gray runt. But my bestie so kindly talked me into getting TWO UNDERAGE KITTENS. All I kept saying was I don't want a black cat. But I walked out of there with a fuzzy gray runt (moment of silence for the good doctor) and a feisty shiny black kitten. And then one of them pooped in the box and then the other one did and I wanted to throw them out the window.

After we lost the good doctor to murder tiny-meoww-illness, I took Miss J to the vet. They had asked me her details over the phone so when we arrived, the vet techs died from her cute and said, Awww she's not ugly at all for a black kitten! And like a defensive mother I was like, what the fuck are you bitches talking about? Don't you dare talk about my baby like that!

Maybe she had the crazy eyes...but I wouldn't call her ugly.

Anyways, I'm not sure if there was a real point to this post. Beyond the fact that this ad campaign sent me into a fit of giggles that spiraled for hours on end. Which is the opposite of what was supposed to happen.

Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week 2012

ps - I just realized that maybe people don't want black cats because of bad luck. To that I say grow-up, magic-believers.

pps - If they would market the one-eyed cats as "Pirates," I'm sure they would have better luck.

ppps - I'm not completely heartless. I would adopt some of these in an instant if I could. Except for the olds because who wants one of those! (totally kidding...)

10 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy that the only specific breed that is called out on that ad is 'pitbull'. My boyfriend and I adopted our little guy when he was 5 months old (now a little over a year) and he is the sweeeeetest dog you will ever meet. He wouldn't hurt a fly, and loves to cuddle. Damn stereotypes! Maybe my ferocious pitbull and your unlucky black cat need to be frands ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a cat with one eye that hangs around our house. He is definitely some sort of crusty pirate. My coworker has a black cat with 6 toes on each paw. You can't get more special than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pahahaha I would totally get a pirate cat. also, I feel as though if this add was about humans, there would be serious problems. "My skin may be black, but my heart is pure gold!" yep. big problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. What? Not ugly for a black kitten? I love black cats! I’ve had three. Shadow (I did not name her) was my childhood cat. I had Kennedy in my teen years until we lost the battle with fleas and my roommates made me give her to a friend. And then Brian Austin Green. I’m pretty sure that I’ll get another black one when I’m ready to take on a pet again. Our shelters won’t adopt out black cats the entire month of October because of satanic rituals. NUTS! And that ad is just plain crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls have been begging me for a cat or an dog....they think Santa is going to bring them one this year...I do LOVE animals, I just can't bare the thought of the expense and responsibility that goes along with them....plus when they die....it's FREAKING heartbreaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would take some issue with us assuming Jmeoww has a "heart of pure gold" simply due to her black fur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes i nearly shit my pants when I discover that i've read an entire post about cats. you are changing me. you just are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...I would adopt a black kitty in a heartbeat....my 2nd cat is 1/2 white and 1/2 black. I wanted to adopt this 3-legged cat but my meanie husband wouldn't let me (that and my Chino apartment had a freakin high rent for pets)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What?! Do people seriously have a thing against getting a black cat? I think they're adorable. But I pretty much think any cat is cute. I totally agree with the pirates statement haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is ridiculous. Despite the fact that you said your cat is out to kill you, black cats are known to be very loving. I love all animals no matter what color their fur is, their history, anything.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...