Friday, September 28, 2012

Three's Company.

Last week as I was lamenting the effort that would need to be put forth to permanently rid my apartment of fleas I whined, "Can't we just move in with you?"

To which he replied, "You know what...yea! Why wait!"

And boom. We are cohabitating.

We've already decided the optimal space for activities.

Okay it didn't happen that quickly. We talked about it over dinner, and then continued the talk over drinks. And then when we got back to my apartment. And then I thought about it for a day and gave him my decision when he was drunk and pretending to be Bane, so naturally he forgot. Until the next morning when he said, "Holy shit, we're going to live together!"

We had previously talked about this, but because of my past experience I was hesitant and had set forth some stupid rules. We were at least going to wait until his lease was up, but April is so far away and this might sound weird but we really like just being around each other, even if we are doing our own thing. Which again, is known as being an adult in an adult relationship.

I do have some anxieties about moving in to his apartment, but he has reassured me that it will become OUR apartment and that I will not have to shove my stuff in boxes in a storage unit to never be seen again, again. And that we can share decorating space. And I think he said I can have the entire closet. Or something like that.

It might seem soon to some, but I realized that we would be wasting time living apart just to wait a certain amount of time that makes cohabitating societally acceptable. I have waited long enough for someone like him to be in my life, and I want to make the best out of every day. I know it will be okay because I can see it in his eyes. He wants me to live with him and I can't wait to start packing.

13 comments:

  1. congrats girlfriend on this step! i think this is great and you seem utterly happy so im happy for you :) cheers to your new endeveour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Andy and I started looking for houses after just a year of dating. We skipped the whole apartment step, so don't worry about it being "socially acceptable". He lived downtown and I live waaaaaaaay out west and it was a 25 minute drive + finding parking every time we wanted to hang out. It finally got ridiculous and we were like, let's live together. And here we are at le Bungalow now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! How long have you been together? John and I were practically living together after a couple of months. And here we are almost 10 years later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaay for love. and being in love. and living in the same spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just knew it was going to be about this! So excited for you Tiffany! Hope JMeoww takes the move in well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you two! Just don't bring your fleas to the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not soon because things have to progress to get to the wedding stage. So excited to be your flower girl!! I'll start a Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Things I lovex10 about this post....

    1. That you are getting it, girl. It being the whole package. There's something so special about not having to twist someone's arm to take the next step. Time,shhmime. The time is right when you think it's right, as you said, you're both adults.
    2. You get the closet. Woo hoo!
    3. That Justin imitates Bane. (I tried convincing my nephew to be Bane for Halloween, I don't think it's going to happen.)
    4. There may be an apt. open in the area I want to live in, soon. Is it a downstairs unit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You skipped the part when your BFF made the decision for you. ;) So happy for you guys! Me loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only requirement is spray in the bathroom or at least a candle. It will help the relationship run smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! This is so exciting...1. No More Fleas 2. Share the bills 3. Sleeping with the man you love & adore ever night! Now I am going to be singing the Three's Company song for the rest of the night. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting!! :) I am loving this blog, you are hilarious! I second the spray in the bathroom, fabreeze does wonders.
    -Bridgette
    Newest follower! Follow back? bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...