Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fancy Fridays: Back to school. Booty school.

Things got weird with that title. See what happens when I try to make a Friday's Fancys theme relevant to my attempt at dieting? The main point here is that I am officially motivated to do something about the ever present and ever growing beer belly (and thighs, and buttocks). I am tall, but I am curvy. I am slender, but I jiggle. And not in a good Beyonce sort of way.

I've hit this weight before, about 5 years ago. But I was unknowingly in the throes of a deep depression and a very unhappy period in my life and had zero motivation to do something about it. Until some of my family members were like, "you know what..." and one of my friends husband asked if I got implants. Fine. I get it.

This time, I am motivated but busy and tired and insert excuse here. But it has to happen. IT HAS TO. Last time I did Weight Watchers and turned into a crazed fanatic. This time, I'm just going to not eat everything that is placed in front of me. And not drink every night of the week. Only two nights a week for alcohol. Okay maybe three. And special occasions. Like Columbus Day.

And I will exercise. And not in the streaming netflix fitness shows kind of way that always turns into a giggling dance party. Real exercise.

Also, VEGAS is happening very soon. Like 6 weeks soon. Like I want to fit in a skanky leather dress soon so goddamit Tiffany put down the cheese danish! I will fit in these dresses.


vegas

september 7th - back to school
linking up with {av} for friday's fancies! 

And don't forget to enter my super awesome giveaway! Cheers to a more sober and less-fattening weekend!

11 comments:

  1. two nights a week? Girl. Please.

    I only wish 26 year old me had the liver of 22 year old me ;) THEN I could rock this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather? Peplum? Love and Love! I will suggest that you don't wear leather pants if you plan on sweating in a club. True story, I almost had to walk out of a club pantsless because I made the mistake of going pee while wearing leather pants. Good Lord those suckers would not come back on. I was near tears trying to wipe myself dry with toilet paper in a nasty stall in a nasty bathroom. AAAHHHH... good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the whole weight watchers thing a few years ago. I drove myself into a pit of depression doing it. I only allowed myself to eat the frozen WW meals. I lost quite a bit of weight really quickly, but I felt like crap mentally and physically. So although I am not too happy about carrying around an extra ten pounds right now, it's better than starving myself. Good luck on your weight loss goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! You seriously crack me up. OK so you don't look like you've gained weight at all...but maybe because I've seen you more frequently over the past year than in the past 10? I understand though, WE know how we feel no matter what people say.

    You can do it! You'll look great in that dress! Six weeks is about the time I have until Australia. Maybe we can motivate each other (as in, I suck will you inspire my ass to use WW since I paid for it?). I feel like the women there will be tall, tan, blonde, and perfect. And it'll be summer :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. for a second i was scared i was going to see my name in this post. you know, because i like to virtually feed you all the good foods. can i come to vegas too? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya. Except that I’m just tall, not slender. At all! I was doing WW for about two months, but fell off the wagon and gained 5 pounds back. Ugh. My diet starts after my trip to SD. I gotta eat, drink and be merry on vacation! I love the look, especially the leather peplum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am slender, but jiggly too and I make excuse after excuse. You will fit into that skanky dress and look skankily HOT! :) You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These dresses are perfect for VEGAS!! So jealous you are going... I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skanky is the new pretty. I declare it. You heard it here. Nobody will fight me ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that black dress, you definitely need to wear something like this to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahahaha...put the cheese danish down!! I know how you feel...we are not in junior high anymore, when we ate everything in sight and people asked if we had eating disorders...or was that just me? Anyhoo...you can do it!! Skanky Vegas dress is awesome motivation!

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...