Monday, September 10, 2012

Not a wedding.

I feel like you come here on Mondays now expecting to read about a wedding. I'm very sorry to disappoint you this week. Come back next week, Wedding Fans.


This weekend we went to Disneyland! Why would we drive to Orange County to a crowded theme park in September during the one weekend where we could stay home and relax? Because I had free tickets. Free tickets which expired next weekend. So to Disneyland we went.


My most recent Disneyland trips have been with my niece and nephew, so it had been a while since I got to do all of the "big-kid" rides. Which I quickly learned, I am no longer comfortable with. Star Tours? I got dizzy. Space Mountain? Dizzy. Matterhorn? I'm still certain I slipped a disc. 

So after I schooled Justin in Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters (A man who designs video games for a living, mind you), we headed to Downtown Disney for some food. AND BEER. Naturally.


I have decided that Disneyland is probably the #1 people watching spot in the entire world. Here are some of our observations:
  • Fat kids in witty shirts. Now stop right there, it's not mean when they bring it upon themselves. One large child was wearing a shirt that said "I (heart) bacon." And the heart was made of overeasy eggs. COME ON. Another massive child was wearing a neon tye-dyed shirt stating "I'm with awesome" with an an arrow pointing up. They are simply asking for it.
  • The amount of bratty little girls dressed like ghetto-ass princesses was enough to send my ovaries into permanent hiding. Some are cute. And some look quite deranged. My favorite child costume of the day was the little girl dressed like Maleficent. Because she's honest. And she probably won't grow up to be an entitled asshole.
  • Bra-less foreigners.
  • PIN PEOPLE. Oh my god, Justin was unfamiliar with the PIN PEOPLE and it was my favorite part of the day. Have you ever seen a large & seemingly tough tattooed man with a cherished Disneyland pin collection proudly displayed on his muscular chest? PIN PEOPLE are worth the price of admission.
And my favorite observation of the day:
  • Girls who flirt with my boyfriend in front of my face. AKA complimenting his t-shirt. I get it, Dr. Who fans of the world. You are your own class of people (the ranks of which I will soon be joining). But I know, I KNOW what you are trying to do. I won't hesitate to cut a bitch.


He should be lucky I'm so protective. Ahem. That said, it was truly a lovely and magical day. And it made me genuinely happy that I have a man that will take these adventures and laugh along with me. And buy me souvenirs. Also, beer.

14 comments:

  1. I love Disney Land. I haven't been in years though. I'm loving the girl in the Maleficent costume. You're right. She's got it all figured out. Props to her. Though I can't help feeling the same about the fat kid in the bacon shirt. At least he's not in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Disneyland. I HAVE been to Disneyworld. In 2nd grade. I feel like I need to experience this as an adult now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous. I love Disneyland and I love this post. We’ve been every year for the last eight years and I agree with every observation. Star Tours is terrible! And the Matterhorn hurts like a b! I take Dramamine to handle the rest. :) We skip those. The little princess girls make me soooo happy I don’t have a daughter. Pin people are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disneyland is one of my favorites places on this planet! I seriously love it! Pin people make me laugh, and those kids and their shirts sound so awesome! Gah, now I need to go to Disneyland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I feel like I was there with you. Probably becuase effing facebook notifies me when anyone posts a photo. I love you, but not that much. Shit!

    Lol but in all seriousness I'm glad you guys had fun!! You boobs look big ;)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Disneyland in YEARS!!! AT least you had some fun. And isn't it awkward when girls hit on your signidicant other in front of you?! I just laugh because it's funny...i have not noticed the Pin people, but will look out for them next time I go to Downtown Disney

    ReplyDelete
  7. i kicked chris' ASS in the buzz lightyear game a couple years ago and he's been bitter ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO JEALOUS! I have been dying to go to Disneyland. The boyfriend says he likes Disneyland but doesn't like lines and wants to go on a day without lines...........


    talk about buzz kill.

    Have you heard about Dapper Day? I totally want to go next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sad is it that I have never been to Disneyland...Disney World, yes...land no. But, I have had my fair share of amusement park people watching and it IS THE BEST!! Looks like you crazy rascals had fun...and I was totally expecting a wedding post! :) Have a great week!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw two nerdy teen age boys wearing matching shirts that said "You can get with this" and the other said "Or your can get with that"...with arrows pointing to each other. What do guys that wear that type of thing think is going to happen. Are there going to be hoards of girls yelling, "Yes!! I want to get with that AND this!!!"
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! The bacon shirt might be my favorite. Awesome.

    Visiting from Weekend Update!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your observations made me lol, especially bra-less foreigners.

    Flirting girls are the worst. Go find your own nerd, bitch! My ex-husband was so good looking (but oh so ugly inside)this would happen every time a cashier, associate of wherever, or a neighbor lady looked into his dreamy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Disneyland! I'm so jealous. I haven't been since high school. But no matter my age, Space Mountain will continue to terrify me.

    Dying over the Maleficent costume and fat kid shirts. I need to go back now and pay more attention to the people. The only people memory I have is of the couple groping each other in the line for the Peter Pan ride.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Disney... such a magical place haha especially for the people watching. I love going with my nephews because I can make excuses not to go on the adult rides and go on the kiddie rides with them. Dumbo is so much more fun than Madderhorn.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...