Sunday, September 23, 2012

Asserting dominance.

For the first time, in a long time, we will not be mentioning the "w" word here on this blog. No, we did not witness any unions this weekend, but we did go nonstop from Friday to Sunday. Justin's brother and fiance were in town, and it was nice to spend some quality time getting to know them a little better. And by quality time I mean watching the worst movie ever made and witnessing the brothers' Bane impressions until I forced Justin to call it a night.

Saturday we all went to the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park to sweat all the sweat in the world. We will not talk about the "w" word for a while, but we will continue to talk about sweat until this heat breaks. We arrived just in time to see the gorillas emerge from their den/cave/air-conditioned suite. The great thing about the park is that most of the animals are not behind glass or fencing, so you really get a good look at them. When the big male came out, we all gasped. It was unreal. And then he took this posture and we all watched in awe. What will he do next?


And then he proceeded to take a shit and look around at us, forcing eye contact as he continued to do his business. We get it. You are dominant. You can stop now. Or go behind a bush! We were ready to run in case he decided to further assert his dominance and throw it in our direction. Luckily there was this little guy to make up for getting figuratively shit on.


BABY GORILLA. I challenge you to find something cuter. Oh, wait I already did. There was also a baby elephant. If we could have put those two together, my heart would've exploded from glee.

After a few hours of sweating and looking at really cool animals (some critically endangered, but I will spare you the talk about how we are all ruining the planet but omg did you know that only 7 northern white rhinos remain in the entire world, all in captivity? SEVEN), we went home to de-sweat and switch gears to celebrate a friend's birthday.

This is becoming one of those "and then" posts. And then we finished season 2 of Sherlock Holmes and my mind was sufficiently blown. And then we went to buy halloween costumes and giggle over the male models on the packaging. And then we completed yet another weekend of busy-ness and awesomeness. And then I realized that I have issues concluding posts. Boop.

14 comments:

  1. Once, the cable guy had to fix a wire in our basement. Bella took that as a sign to assert her dominance and she went down there and took a shit while staring the cable guy in the eyes. Crazy shits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "and then" posts. Gorillas are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, the baby gorilla is pretty cute :) love seeing baby animals really of any kind....

    love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have friends who have seen "The Room" and it's all they ever talk about. I guess I need to get on watching the worst movie on the planer, cause everyone watches it. And by everyone I mean you and my guy friends.

    The baby gorilla is freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah your writing in this post cracked me up! Love the baby gorilla he is so cute! Thanks for linking up darling xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god, so hilarious, i can envision this perfectly! i studied animal behavior, and am particularly interested in primatology.... it is funny how not too terribly dissimilar they are to males of our own species.

    zoos make the best day trips, so much fun! thanks for sharing.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA!! Gorillas and the monkey family are awesome!! I have never been to the sarafi zoo, but want to go. Hey you did something I want to do and I did something you want to do!! Sounds like a fun weekend despite the heat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby elephants are cuter that's for sure!!!! ;0 But gorillas have something that attracts me. hahahahaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come stay with me It's 76 and low of 46. I am freezing my baguettes off

    ReplyDelete
  10. Triple cute factor would have been a baby giraffe. It's getting cooler here too... feel free to visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No baby elephant picture? I've never seen one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure wish I had the confidence to shit in front of people, let alone in public.

    now you know too much about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. This is going down as the most awkward comment I have ever left.

      Delete
  13. the monkeys are my favorite! i love clyde the most... i even have a stuffed monkey named after him :)

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...