Birthdays! Vacations! Is there anything else spectacular for me to talk about this week? Should we share opinions on the papal conclave?
Nahhh. Let's plan my vacation, yea?
So the day after my birthday party, which was probably poor planning, we are embarking on a road trip up the California coast. Which is also poor planning because I yell at Justin when he drives, even though he does absolutely nothing wrong.
We are driving straight up to Monterey (so I can go to the aquarium, which I have never been which is blasphemy according to my marine biology degree), and then working our way back down throughout the week. As a psychotic planner, I have naturally googled every possible thing to do along the way which includes wine, wine, and more wine. I do not object.
What I'm most excited about so far is Ostrichland USA. Why? OBVIOUSLY they are my other soul animal. Even though you hate birds, Tiffany? Yes, because they are not birds they are dinosaurs. Obviously.
And then my search stopped there because I spiraled into searching for tiny cowboy hats. So, I ask for advice. Besides these three amazing and animal-centered activities, and also wine, what else should we see along our Central California Coast journey? Some of you have already given me fantastic recommendations, and for that I praise you. Is there anything else that we absolutely cannot miss on this journey?

i would say me - but i'm not located there.
ReplyDeletebut for sure check out the ostriches. like duh.
MINI HORSES
ReplyDeleteSTOP IT
As you know, I fear almost all animals... but mini horses, THAT SHIT I CAN GET ON BOARD WITH
hahaha yes. channel that inner ostrich.
ReplyDeleteI can't even handle you in that picture. That's amazing.
ReplyDeleteI have no advice about the Central California Coast. Have you tried asking Katy Perry?
Please take a million pictures of the mini horses.
1: That costume wins so hard that you never have to try at anything in life ever again I am pretty sure, and 2: If you find yourself in Pescadero outside of a kind-of creepy-looking ramshackle gas station-y building, GO INSIDE. And get tacos. And get tamarind water, and tamarind to chew on, and then thank me. Or not thank me because your mouth will be so full of tacos and tamarind.
ReplyDeleteAlso there's a store somewhere near the gas station tacos where you can get delicious breads. Actually I should probably just come with you, just to make sure, you know.
Fun fact: in Omaha the only acceptable service animals are dogs and mini horses. Just keep that in mind.
ReplyDeleteI saw a picture of a mini horse next to a regular horse and about died.
ReplyDeleteplease please please take lot's of pictures.
also, if I ever get a pet ostrich, I'm naming it Tiffany.
Miniature horses make me think of Little Sebastian from Parks & Rec.
ReplyDeleteI always want to road trip but MFD is always telling me how to drive and I'm always telling him "I don't want to die today with you behind the wheel!" in a very dramatic fashion.
I NEED A MINI PONY. Send me a mini pony.
ReplyDeleteNot an ostrich though. Even if it is soul animal #2, it's scary...
I loved the Monterey Aquarium!!! other than that, I have no useful input.
ReplyDeleteGirl, you do it every time...make me laugh...can I borrow that costume one day?? Have so much fun with all your feathery, furry friends...and Justin!! ;) I wish I was more help...come to Texas...then I can REALLY give you some tourist advice!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?! Remember when I obsessed over the mini horse wine tasting and you made fun of me? You were just jealous he "loved" me!
ReplyDeleteWhere are you going wine tasting. And did you decide to go to Heart Castle?
Aren't ostriches mean? I'm kind of scared of them. They chase you on the other side of the fence at the zoo. Mini horses I can get on board with! I love road trips. We've done a few, including taking 101 from here to the Redwood Forest and attempted camping (only in the park, the other nights were in hotels). But I was so afraid of bears that I slept in the car.
ReplyDeleteThe ostrich picture?! Incredible. I am so jealous of Ostrichland and the miniature horses. I haven't stopped at either place since I was a kid. Something about the rest of my family not understanding how much fun they are.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to the Madonna Inn, right?? You will love it. The Apple Farm in SLO is also a cute little place with really yummy food.
Have so much fun and say hi to my great aunt for me!
Anything with Firestone in the name is a win: Firestone Brewery (Paso Robles), Firestone BBQ (San Luis Obispo) and Firestone Winery (an hour north of Santa Barbara). Also, I lived in Santa Barbara for 4 years and a walk down "State street," the downtown area, to the pier is very nice. Eat at Brophy Bros in the harbor...a local favorite!
ReplyDelete