And so we did. About three weeks ago we found a dreamy sectional with an island of an ottoman. I even got to choose the fabric for the pillows that came with it because the tacky-ass pillows that come with sofas were going to be my nightmare. In three to five weeks we would have our new dream couch.
This meant that we needed to sell Justin's couch. Which he did. Nearly a week-and-a-half ago. I don't blame him because we were lucky someone wanted to buy it at the price he listed it for. However, this was the definition of TOO SOON, BRO. We spent a few days trying to build a couch out of pillows, and this past weekend we gave in and went full white trash and blew-up our air mattress. Our living room currently looks like a college dorm room. I secretly love it, and so does this creature.
It's like we finally got her a bed that suits her properly.
Although the new couch comes with pillows, I want more. And I want new lamps. And new everything. Because that is how purchasing new furniture works — like buying a new dress, but then needing shoes to match as well as jewelry and a new bag. And you might as well get your nails painted while you're at it!

THAT CREATURE.
ReplyDeletei just love her and i've never even met her.
also - cheers to bad taste.
my husband is all about the decorating and accessorizing. sometimes i think he's secretly a gay man or a woman.
ReplyDeleteIn my last apartment I didn't have a couch for four months after I moved in. I did, however, have a giant lovesac. It was like bachelor pad central in there.
ReplyDeleteAlso I am very jealous of your sectional. Our living room would never ever fit one and it makes me so very sad.
I am a psycho with furniture. Once one new piece is added, EVERYTHING must be spruced up to be worthy of sharing a room with it.
ReplyDeleteI would freaking love to put my air mattress in my living room. The life. You're living it.
Now I want a new couch. and a new dress. and shoes. and an air mattress.
ReplyDeleteYou are living the dream my friend.
and look at JMeoww. just look at her.
Hiiii lamp. Come over herrre to my house. I will give you lamp canddyyyy.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I DON'T KNOWWW about meowpocalypse. I really need Charlie to do something heinous.
I just hate when people try to give you their old couch and it's decent but you don't want it and it ends up in your living room anyway.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you'll post some pics once your new snazzy living room is put together. BTW now you need one of these. http://pinterest.com/savvyb/minibar-ideas/
Listen I'm sad about the death of a couch, but i'm happy about the new one, and all that entails, but really I just want two hundred and fifty different words from you today.
ReplyDeleteMy best friend's dental school roommate moved out of their apartment like, a week after they moved in. And ALL the furniture was basically hers. Every time I visited, we had to wrestle one another for the lone exercise ball that sat in the middle of the living room.
ReplyDelete"TOO SOON, BRO."
I died.
My best friend's brother's ex-girlfriend's sister's friend's co-worker had the SAME THING happen to her!
DeleteUgh, I totally feel you on the whole "must buy EVERYTHING new to go with new couch!" syndrome. That happens to me all the time. I can't even buy a new picture for the wall without thinking how awesome it would look with this OTHER picture next to it, and then a new couch pillow to tie in the same color, and then and then and then. It's a sickness.
ReplyDeleteShe looks like such a creeper I love it. You two WOULD love an air mattress as a couch. No judgment. Just observation.
ReplyDeleteWell I see you and I were the only ones left out of the Every Day in May challenge, guess we aren't the cool kids.
ReplyDeleteYour couch was so comfortable! That's exciting that you got a new one. It's such a stressful purchase (at least it was for me). I want couch pillows but Coco would never let me.
ReplyDeleteAnd I need the lamp. It would match my couch!
I love your crack den. I mean living room. I mean air mattress. I mean CUSTOM COUCH.
ReplyDeleteSmug catly approval emanates from the back of its flat lil' head. :)
ReplyDeleteBut...what is the sea urchin you are wanting to be your new-couch jewelry? Is it secretly a something? Clock? Home-invader-impaler? Just a conversation piece? Coz I'm already talking about it.
Something about JMeoww's ears in that pictures gave me the giggles. James and I are planning to buy a new couch when we move. Ours is a disaster and has beer bottle tops stuck under the cushions from the previous owners and I don't want to talk about it. I hate it so much.
ReplyDeleteI love everything you picked out! I am horrible about needing EVERYTHING new RIGHTTHISSECOND.
As soon as I scarf down my pad thai I'm all over my meowpocolypse story!
Yay for an air mattress! I was worried about your spine. I need pillows! I still have the ugly uncomfortable ones that came with all our couches and chairs. I also really love that lamp.
ReplyDelete