Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weho, Wine, and Jean Shorts

My weekend technically started on Thursday night. If you still haven't heard, there's this small indie film called Magic Mike that changed my life in so many significant ways. Friday I trekked up to West Hollywood for some adventures with my life partner, Leeann. We relived the 90s at the Summerland Tour and drove out to the middle of nowhere for a fantastic wine tasting experience. She also told me I smell like a man that wears cheap cologne. She'll tell you all about it!

When I arrived home Saturday evening, I finally accepted the fact that the few fleas I found on jmeoww had repopulated and tried to take over my home. With the help of my very patient boyfriend, we took J to a friend's house and bombed the shit out of my apartment. We also learned from my apartment manager that they pay for flea control because it's a SERIOUS PROBLEM in my complex. I must've missed that memo.

After an overdramatic Saturday night, I was really looking forward to Sunday. Because. Because it was the day that I got to take Justin shopping. You see, one time I told him that I hated his shoes. Okay let's rewind. One time when I called him sobbing for one final come-to-jesus talk, this conversation happened:

Me: Justin, can I tell you something?
Him: Yea...
Me: I HATE your shoes! (in the most pathetic sobbing (maybe a little drunk) voice you can imagine)
Him: What does that have to do with anything??
Me: EVERYTHING. It means everything! Your shoes are awful, but I still love you!

And that my friends is how you score the man of your dreams. Apparently. Anyways, since my sobbing confession he has allowed me to be his personal stylist. We immediately replaced the shoes and last weekend we cleaned his closet. I know, right? Are you jealous yet? Because the closet cleaning left him with pretty much nothing, shopping was very necessary. He did try to get out of it by seducing me with the final few episodes of Game of Thrones. It almost worked but, SHOPPING!

I decided to take it easy on him and just visit Old Navy. Which seriously failed us. The shorts were too short. Too cargo-y. Too jean. It was very disappointing, however we picked a couple of shirts out without killing each other. I call that a success. Our failure at Old Navy only means that there is more shopping in our future. The romance is too much to handle!

9 comments:

  1. Wait what? They still sell jean shorts for men? My dad doesn't even wear jean shorts! At least you got shirts!

    So what are they going to do about the fleas? Will they take care of them? They should!

    Thanks for linking up with us lover! ;)

    P.S. Where are all of your pictures for this post?! You should have shared the Docs outfit with the world. Or the Old Navy shopping haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah love this! I can't believe Old Navy sells jean shorts for men! They have such cute women's clothes I had no idea their men's stuff was so terrible! Sorry to hear about kitty's issues! Thanks for linking up :) I'm terribly jealous of yours and Leean's fun weekend events!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! i am crying from laughing!! On a serious note....take Justin to jcrew!! yeah it's a little pricey, BUT no jean shorts and all nice classic clothing that will last forever!! When Matt ad I first started dating we had a similar experience....he had no style and therefore needed guidance from me :) Thanks for a great (pre) bday trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend, minus the fleas! Poor boyfriend...at least you were honest and he let you help style him!! Sounds like you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend! That's fun you got to take ur bf shopping! I love dressing my bf haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Sami and I need to come out and have a fun weekend with you and Leeann! That late 90s music is so much fun. Reminds me of high school and college. Man, I'm old! Thanks for linking up, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you ladies had the best time on Friday!! I am calling you and Leeann when I head to Cali!! :)
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shopping with a guy is almost like developing a hemmorroid which i have and is fucking torture. I don't even take my Duh shopping anymore. I just buy and say wear it and he does.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, about the shoe hating... Bridesmaids.. the worst and yet I still watch it movie.. that scene where she calls out her best friend for her shoes? kills me every. single. time.

    I'm just going to comment on all of your posts today, apparently.

    ReplyDelete

We just became best friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...